Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Cooking Challenge Day 9: Marinate!

Posted by   + Show Post

A marinade takes some planning, but it will make meat taste so much better by adding moisture and flavor!

There are a wide variety of marinade recipes, but this all-purpose marinade from allrecipes.com is just garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and water can be used on all sorts of meats. Best of all, you probably have most of the ingredients at home. This whiskey barbeque marinade is sure to be a hit and only uses BBQ sauce, whiskey, worcestershire sauce, honey, black pepper, and salt.

Marinating meat is simple when you follow these easy instructions to make grill containers. These containers are not limited to just meat, you can use them for glazes, peppers, onions, or seafood.

barbecuing

How often do you marinate? Do you notice a difference in flavor when you eat marinated food? What are some of your favorite recipes?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (51-54):
HaleysMom10
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Dh loves to marinate. He is always making new marinades and he does great. I notice a big difference in flavor the longer it marinates.
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM

We love marinating our meats, makes them so moist and juicy! DF puts in a spanish one of orange juice and seasonings........delicious!

mom-1kids-3
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I don't use marinades but my SO does.  I can tell a big differnce in flavors when he uses them. 

kitty8199
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I always marinade. Depends on what I'm cooking on how I marinade it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement