Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Sweetheart4171...this one's for you!

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

You have to be dairy free, right?

Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (dairy/egg free)

bettyrawker

betty-ice-cream

Recipe:

1 can full fat coconut milk
1 cup frozen dark cherries, chopped
1/3 cup sweetener: coconut nectar, maple syrup, or honey
1 tsp almond extract**
1 vanilla bean**
optional: 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice

Chocolate Pieces:

2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup

Blend coconut milk, 3 cherries (for pink color), sweetener, almond extract, vanilla & lemon juice in a high speed blender. Pour into ice cream maker. While mixing in the ice cream maker, make the chocolate pieces.

Gently melt coconut oil over low heat, stir in cacao and maple syrup. Pour onto a piece of wax/parchment paper on a flat plate or baking dish. Freeze sheet of chocolate for 15 minutes, then break into small pieces.

When ice cream is starting to firm up, add in frozen chopped cherries. Remove from ice cream maker when ready, and stir in chocolate pieces.

*Also, raw chocolate recipe makes a great \”magic shell\” coating if poured over the cold ice cream, the chocolate sauce will firm right up.

**If you don\’t have the fancy pants ingredients of almond extract & a real vanilla bean, just subsitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM

This is SOOOO good!  I made a smoothie version of it for breakfast this week...YUM!

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

oooh, my!!  Thank you soooooo much!  My son will love you for this!!  Now I don't have an ice cream maker, booooooooo  I like the idea of a smoothie though tell me more how you did it??? 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting sweetheart4171:

oooh, my!!  Thank you soooooo much!  My son will love you for this!!  Now I don't have an ice cream maker, booooooooo  I like the idea of a smoothie though tell me more how you did it??? 

A can of coconut milk (full fat), a couple of handfuls of frozen sweet cherries, you could add sugar/honey (I didn't), and blend until smooth.  Top with a handful of chocolate chips!

megandwade
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I've always wanted an ice cream maker!

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

sounds good...definitely going to try this!

I read it again....actually sounds AWESOME!  Thank you, my son will love it and of course I'm going to try too

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting sweetheart4171:

A can of coconut milk (full fat), a couple of handfuls of frozen sweet cherries, you could add sugar/honey (I didn't), and blend until smooth.  Top with a handful of chocolate chips!

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

after seeing this....now I want one!!

Quoting megandwade:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I've got more dairy-free ice cream recipes....wink

Quoting sweetheart4171:

after seeing this....now I want one!!

Quoting megandwade:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN