Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Fancy Scrambled Eggs

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

Normally I just cook my scrambled eggs over medium heat, and they are done in a minute or so. They taste perfectly fine, but usually have some gross rubbery bits from cooking too quickly. When I have an extra ten minutes, and really good bread, I make my eggs the fancy way. They come out in silky, creamy curds, with no rubbery bits. 

Ingredients:

1 tbsp butter

3 eggs

2 tbsp cream, or whole milk

1/2 tsp salt and pepper each

Melt the butter in the pan on LOW heat, the lowest you can go. Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the cream or milk, and salt and pepper. Using a fork, scramble the eggs vigorously. Pour into the pan and begin to stir slowly. Keep the eggs moving over the low heat until they start to resemble soft curds. They will never become firm like your standard scrambled eggs, so once they reach the curd-like state and don't seem too wet you can consider them done. Pour them onto a thick slice of hot buttered bread and eat with a fork and knife. You can also try to get your kids to try them and laugh at the horrified expressions on their faces! 

How do you prepare your eggs?

(c)istockphoto.com/robynmac

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how I make scrambled eggs only adding cheddar cheese into them.
My son likes them light and fluffy
Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually make them fluffy.. sometimes I add ham, broccoli, cheese, spinach .. yum!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I make scrambled eggs this way when I do make them.  Most of the time it's an omelet or frittata, though.

megandwade
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I don't make scrambled eggs that often. Usually it's an omelet if I'm making eggs!

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

when I do make scrambled eggs it just eggs with a little salt and pepper....I don't make them often but I will try it this way

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM

My scrambled eggs are made differently depending on who I am making the for. lol

I put feta cheese and spianch and tomatoes. Sometimes red onion.

Or I use diced up cooked ham and pineapple

Plain cheddar cheese or with ham added in

Colored peppers onions, bacon and mushrooms with provolone cheese.

My kids and I like them all ways, but some days they like it different from eachother. lol

I use milk and only a tint drop of milk, not alot or it makes the eggs to light in taste and gross. lol

kaybear123
by Kayla on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I add hotsauce and cheese into mine lol.

bahamamama61
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I add Rosemary, Garlic, Basil, and Pepper:) Now, I want some:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I do not like my scrambled eggs soft.. I like them scrmbled dry and i like to add cheddar cheese!!

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM

i like adding cheese and meat to mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement