Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Normally I just cook my scrambled eggs over medium heat, and they are done in a minute or so. They taste perfectly fine, but usually have some gross rubbery bits from cooking too quickly. When I have an extra ten minutes, and really good bread, I make my eggs the fancy way. They come out in silky, creamy curds, with no rubbery bits. 

Ingredients:

1 tbsp butter

3 eggs

2 tbsp cream, or whole milk

1/2 tsp salt and pepper each

Melt the butter in the pan on LOW heat, the lowest you can go. Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the cream or milk, and salt and pepper. Using a fork, scramble the eggs vigorously. Pour into the pan and begin to stir slowly. Keep the eggs moving over the low heat until they start to resemble soft curds. They will never become firm like your standard scrambled eggs, so once they reach the curd-like state and don't seem too wet you can consider them done. Pour them onto a thick slice of hot buttered bread and eat with a fork and knife. You can also try to get your kids to try them and laugh at the horrified expressions on their faces! 

How do you prepare your eggs?

(c)istockphoto.com/robynmac

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-35):
dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I like to make a scramble with ham, cheese and salsa in it.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Haha. I had to laugh at your "gross rubbery bits" comment, because I know all about those. 

batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Feta and tomatoes sound really good
And I have a ton of tomatoes in the garden. Thanks I will be making this

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

My scrambled eggs are made differently depending on who I am making the for. lol

I put feta cheese and spianch and tomatoes. Sometimes red onion.

Or I use diced up cooked ham and pineapple

Plain cheddar cheese or with ham added in

Colored peppers onions, bacon and mushrooms with provolone cheese.

My kids and I like them all ways, but some days they like it different from eachother. lol

I use milk and only a tint drop of milk, not alot or it makes the eggs to light in taste and gross. lol

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM

NP, its really good to when made into an omelet, and put on toast (I like toasted rye bread) My kids go nuts for it too. lol

Quoting batjmom:

Feta and tomatoes sound really good
And I have a ton of tomatoes in the garden. Thanks I will be making this

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

My scrambled eggs are made differently depending on who I am making the for. lol

I put feta cheese and spianch and tomatoes. Sometimes red onion.

Or I use diced up cooked ham and pineapple

Plain cheddar cheese or with ham added in

Colored peppers onions, bacon and mushrooms with provolone cheese.

My kids and I like them all ways, but some days they like it different from eachother. lol

I use milk and only a tint drop of milk, not alot or it makes the eggs to light in taste and gross. lol

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Those look good.  My husband prepares our eggs.  I'm not sure how he does it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN