Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Deviled Eggs

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 21 Replies

Okay typically when I make deviled eggs the sauce contains:

4 T mayo

1 T mustard

6 egg yolks

Then when done I sprinkle paprika on the top of them.

Simple recipe that tastes good.

Last night when I made them...

4 T mayo

1 T mustard

½ t onion powder

1½ t capers, whole.

6 egg yolks.

I hard boil the eggs, peel and cut in half, take the egg yolks and put them in a food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until thoroughly blended. Put back in egg white halves. sprinkle with paprika.

My husband claims they are the best he's ever had, even better than his Aunt's who makes them for all family get togethers.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wiccania
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I usually add either a little bit of horseradish sauce, or replace the mustard with the hot mustard you get at a chinese restaurant.  Gives it a nice little kick.

megandwade
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Last time my MIL made then she used some of the hot mustard as well and they were really yummy!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Thank you ladies for the suggestions. I don't know if I could handle the heat.

My DH might like that, though, so I will try it the next time I make them.

CafeMom Tickers
25beengoodtome
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

You have an excellent recipe. I cheat, I use MIRACLE WHIP SALAD DRESSING. No need for the onion powder.

AlyssaN
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I use mayo, regular mustard, cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and paprika. They're really good topped with sliced green olives, bay shrimp, or crisp, cooked bacon.
PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I like a little zing in my deviled eggs.  I add a bit of horseradish, mayo, catsup to taste.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Check out www.deviledeggs.com. I make their classic recipe but add more mustard. They have some really delicious sounding recipes on there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I really hate green olives.

But the rest of this sounds good.

Quoting AlyssaN:

I use mayo, regular mustard, cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and paprika. They're really good topped with sliced green olives, bay shrimp, or crisp, cooked bacon.

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I like a little zing in my deviled eggs.  I add a bit of horseradish, mayo, catsup to taste.

^horseradish makes me physically ill. I am guessing most of it now is psychological. The first time I tried it I was pregnant with my first son and my then husband and I went out to eat. I had orderd smoked sausage and it came with a little container of white stuff. (the horseradish) I asked my then husband what it was and he told me to try it. So, I took a spoon and took a small amount. Almost puked right there. Haven't been able to handle even smelling it since then. I love wasabi though. (I know what it is)

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Check out www.deviledeggs.com. I make their classic recipe but add more mustard. They have some really delicious sounding recipes on there.

Thank you. I'll have to do that to see what else we can try.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement