Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

...Do you own a....(hoping I don't get yelled at for this) ETA

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you own a ... zester?

I do not, but want one. There are so many out there that I'm not sure which one would suit my needs best, plus not cost me a fortune.

ETA Wow I didn't think this post would be featured. :)

I'm so excited.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
kaybear123
by Kayla on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Not at all! I was just doing it to see what different things we had in our kitchens :)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting kaybear123:

Why would you get yelled at? I do not have one as I never use zest.

It looked like there was a series going on and I didn't know if I was interrupting it or something.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Is it easy to use? Easy to store?

Quoting jenaree:

I have the microplane zester and it's great! I got it for ~ $12.

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

*giggles* I thought it was a series. I was looking forward to more posts like it.

I think it's a great idea.

Quoting kaybear123:

Not at all! I was just doing it to see what different things we had in our kitchens :)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting kaybear123:

Why would you get yelled at? I do not have one as I never use zest.

It looked like there was a series going on and I didn't know if I was interrupting it or something.

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I hadn't until about the last year or so. I started expanding my culinary repetoire (spelling)

antipasto stuffed strawberries it was useful.

Quoting megandwade:

Never needed one...

CafeMom Tickers
jenaree
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Easy to use and store. It is long and thin so it fits in the drawer nice and comes with a cover so you don't have to worry about the super sharp edges getting dulled against other things or catching your fingers on it. It is super easy to use, just rub the fruit over the blades and it takes off a thing layer of zest and leaves behind the white part.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting jenaree:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Awesome. Do you know if it has a name and possibly a link? This sounds perfect for my household. The cover also give me a few seconds or so to get it from my son should he decide to get into the drawer to find something to play with. (he doesn't do this all the time, just from time to time he gets something in his head that there are toys in there)

any information that helps me to find it, and/or a link would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Quoting jenaree:

Easy to use and store. It is long and thin so it fits in the drawer nice and comes with a cover so you don't have to worry about the super sharp edges getting dulled against other things or catching your fingers on it. It is super easy to use, just rub the fruit over the blades and it takes off a thing layer of zest and leaves behind the white part.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting jenaree:

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

There are times when fresh is better with the presentation. and flavor (just my opinion on the flavor bit) I can understand that.

I have a few dried ones in my cabinet as well, but when I plan something ahead of time, I will have my hubby pick up the fruit, then also plan another recipe or so to use up the fruit as well, so it isn't wasted.

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting Basherte:

It isn't all that expensive. Although there are some out there that are pretty pricey for what they are.

There are just different kinds out there and I don't want to buy a ton of them. I've never had one before, never used one. I use a pairing knife to get zest. Works okay, but a zester would make the job a lot easier and a little more efficient.

I don't always have a lemon, lime, or orange for recipes and for a tad bit of it, I'm not going to buy a piece of fruit. I simply buy & use the dry on the spice isle. If I happen to have the fruit, I use the grater.

CafeMom Tickers
jenaree
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Microplane is the brand name. It is a company that originally made tools and are well known for their good blades and edges. 

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Microplane-40020-Classic-Zester-Grater/dp/B00004S7V8

Check out the reviews! It is a 5 star average with over 700 reviews. This thing is ligit!

Quoting Basherte:

Awesome. Do you know if it has a name and possibly a link? This sounds perfect for my household. The cover also give me a few seconds or so to get it from my son should he decide to get into the drawer to find something to play with. (he doesn't do this all the time, just from time to time he gets something in his head that there are toys in there)

any information that helps me to find it, and/or a link would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Quoting jenaree:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting jenaree:

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quoting Basherte:

There are times when fresh is better with the presentation. and flavor (just my opinion on the flavor bit) I can understand that.

I have a few dried ones in my cabinet as well, but when I plan something ahead of time, I will have my hubby pick up the fruit, then also plan another recipe or so to use up the fruit as well, so it isn't wasted.

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting Basherte:

It isn't all that expensive. Although there are some out there that are pretty pricey for what they are.

There are just different kinds out there and I don't want to buy a ton of them. I've never had one before, never used one. I use a pairing knife to get zest. Works okay, but a zester would make the job a lot easier and a little more efficient.

I don't always have a lemon, lime, or orange for recipes and for a tad bit of it, I'm not going to buy a piece of fruit. I simply buy & use the dry on the spice isle. If I happen to have the fruit, I use the grater.

When you posted zester, I assumed that you were going to try your hand at preserving some or a bunch of it.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Awesome! I could kiss you. Thank you so much!

Quoting jenaree:

Microplane is the brand name. It is a company that originally made tools and are well known for their good blades and edges. 

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Microplane-40020-Classic-Zester-Grater/dp/B00004S7V8

Check out the reviews! It is a 5 star average with over 700 reviews. This thing is ligit!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting jenaree:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting jenaree:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement