Grilled Chicken with Spicy Peach Glaze from the Betty Crocker site!
- cup peach preserves
- tablespoons cider vinegar
- teaspoon ground ginger
- cup Old El Paso® chopped green chiles (from 4.5-oz can)
- chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill. In food processor or blender, process all ingredients except chicken pieces until smooth. Reserve 1/3 cup preserves mixture.
- 2Place chicken pieces on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 25 to 30 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with preserves mixture during last 15 minutes of cooking, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for drumsticks). Discard any remaining preserves mixture used for brushing.
- 3Before serving, brush chicken with reserved preserves mixture.
To broil chicken, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide, turning frequently and brushing with preserves mixture during last 15 minutes of broiling time.
Apricot preserves can be used in place of the peach preserves.
To add some heat to this recipe, add 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeño chiles or a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to the preserves mixture.
Any combination of chicken legs, thighs or breasts can be used in this recipe. Or simply use one type of chicken piece.
Serve fresh green beans and cornbread as accompaniments to the chicken.