Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Easy mini Quiche

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

We woke up late this morning, and hubby says, "A quiche sounds really good."  At first I thought no way. I don't have any prepared pie crust, so first I'll have to make a crust, then the prep for the quiche, then an hour in the oven.  It would be lunch before it is ready.  So I hopped on allrecipes.com like I usually do. Good thing I did, because I found this:

Easy Mini Quiches Recipe
  • READY IN30 mins

Easy Mini Quiches

"This quiche recipe can be made in a large pie pan, a regular muffin pan, or mini muffin pan. They taste great, and you can add more ingredients to suit your tastes such as mushrooms or spinach." —  

Back
Next

Ingredients 

Original recipe makes 24 mini quiches

6 slices bacon, chopped

1 onion, chopped

3 eggs

3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix  (AKA Bisquick)

1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

2 cups shredded American cheese  (I used less)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 mini muffin pans. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon and onion together for about 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the baking mix, parsley, shredded cheese, bacon and onion. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
  3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops are lightly browned. Allow mini quiches to cool in the pan before carefully removing with a small knife or spatula.
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lauren486
by Lauren on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I added garlic, sea salt, and cracked pepper.  I also used cheddar cheese insted of American.  

We all loved them.  Even the one year old ate 2!  The only thing I would do differently next time is use a bit less Bisquick (maybe 2/3 Cup instead of 3/4) and one more egg.  The way they are I would call them "Egg and bacon biscuits" rather than quiches, but I do like them like this. 

The best thing about quiche is you can add and omit ingredients to suit your taste.  It was so easy and quick; perfect!

JennMcBride
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I've never made a quiche before but this sounds awesome.
megandwade
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM

TFS!

Bknotnobody
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Tfs! Sounds tasty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Yummm sounds so good!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement