I whip out a weekly menu plan in minutes. What makes it work? the fact that I love having "advance notice" of what needs to be done i.e. meat thawing, muffins baked, etc. without having to think ahead.
25 – 31, 2013
skillet breakfast, veggie juice
– beefy mushroom soup, grain-free double chocolate zucchini muffins
– plum-glazed pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, green beans,
grain-free apple crisp
– grain-free sweet potato pancakes, veggie juice
- leftover soup & muffins
– honey mustard chicken, oven fries, cheesy cauliflower casserole
– Caprese omelets, veggie juice
– tuna patties, side salad
– tacos, salad
– dairy-free blueberry banana smoothies, hard boiled eggs
– homemade flatbread pizzas, salad
– hamburger gravy over grain-free biscuits, green beans, tossed
– grain-free blueberry pancakes, veggie juice
– spinach parmesan chicken, tossed salad
– eggs & pancakes, veggie juice
– creamed tuna & peas over grain-free biscuits
– grilled bratwurst, potato salad, pea salad
– fend for yourself
– leftovers or chef salad
– pizza & salad
I do it weekly, it helps me plan what I need for my grocery list and gives me a "guide" on what I am making that week to tell the family when they ask .
Yes. I go shopping when DH gets paid once every two weeks. Before I go I look at the local store ads and make a menu for the two weeks based on sales and what I already have and such. Then I make my shopping list based on the menu.
I can see buying things for the freezer & pantry for a month. I do the perishable shopping once a week. Every 3 to 4 months when the pantry gets crowded, I'll meal plan around what's in there.
Sometimes I do but have not done this lately. I would like to see what others do and how it helps, great question. =)
I make a list of all the dinners we can make for the month and then we pick from the list every day. After, that meal is scratched from the list... that way I can keep track of what we have ingredients for!
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2015 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Already Joined? LOG IN