Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Dinner after a day out

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 17 Replies

My family went out today and had a wonderful day out.  We left early this morning, rove a couple hours from home and spent the day with friends visiting castles. We planned a picnic lunch, but nothing for dinner.  The kids were so exhausted that the was no way I s going to make them sit through dinner at a restaurant, so we endedupmrunning through KFC on the way home.  

What do you usually do for dinner when you've been out all day? Do you plan ahead so you can eat dinner at home or plan dinner out as part of your day? 

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM
We usually would eat out after a fun day we go to the buffet so we no exactly how much we are spending then we go home and pass out
Lauren486
by Lauren on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Passing out at the end of the day is a must!  I'm barely hanging on at the moment!

Quoting DACIA79:

We usually would eat out after a fun day we go to the buffet so we no exactly how much we are spending then we go home and pass out

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
We would either go out or pick something up and bring it home
Sisteract
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Pizza

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM

If I haven't planned ahead, we either pickup sandwiches or I make something quick and easy like pasta.

EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I either plan leftovers that are easy or we stop somewhere cheap. Tonight just got away from me and we got chili's. Except I am paying for how much dairy I consumed :(
terri76
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM

We always plan eating out as part of our day. No way do i wanna stand around over a hot stove after being out and about the whole day. 

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:57 PM

we almost always end up eating out!!

Your day sounds awesome, "visting castles".....where are you located??  I'd love to visit castles!!!

pittymama
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM

i always plan ahead if we're going to be out. i hate eating out, too expensive haha

rhiannonaisling
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Depends on where we are going and why...but mine are 10, 12, & 14...so it is part of our outing...whenever we go to the county zoo we also go to a close by Dave and Buster's for dinner since the older two are not as fond of the zoo anymore but our youngest lvves it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN