Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eggplant

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have this huge eggplant and I don't know what to do with it.... any ideas? And I can go to the store if need-be.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harmony7
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM

slice 1/4 inch slides, dredge in egg wash and roll in italian breadcrumbs w/ parmesean cheese added. Bake at 400 degrees four to six minutes on each side. Serve as a side or with marinara sauce and spaghetti noodles for a main dish.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Lauren486
by Lauren on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Eggplant Parmesan is the first thing that comes to my mind. I haven't made t myself but plan to soon. 

Lauren486
by Lauren on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM

That sounds delicious! 

Quoting harmony7:

slice 1/4 inch slides, dredge in egg wash and roll in italian breadcrumbs w/ parmesean cheese added. Bake at 400 degrees four to six minutes on each side. Serve as a side or with marinara sauce and spaghetti noodles for a main dish.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I don't have any recipes but when I was a little girl my grandma made eggplant pizzas and eggplant lasagna.
terri76
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I am not a fan of eggplant..but this one sounds like a winner to me!!

Quoting harmony7:

calsmom62
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
roast in the oven or on the grill. or even microwave till tender. scrape the pulp out and put in blender with sesame seeds and a bit of olive oil or tahini if you have it( sesame seeds ground into a paste). a little lemon juice salt and garlic. puree till a paste and serve with olive oil and pita bread or chips. just like hummus. baba ghamoush.
italk2rox
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM

That sounds really good

Quoting calsmom62:

roast in the oven or on the grill. or even microwave till tender. scrape the pulp out and put in blender with sesame seeds and a bit of olive oil or tahini if you have it( sesame seeds ground into a paste). a little lemon juice salt and garlic. puree till a paste and serve with olive oil and pita bread or chips. just like hummus. baba ghamoush.

calsmom62
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM
its an easy dip to make. b
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM

This eggplant soup is absolutely delicious!  Every time I find a good price on eggplant, I just have to make it.  Also, it's pretty easy to make.

Yipson
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Eggplant Stacker

Cut Eggplant into 1/4 inch slices, brush both sides of each slice with olive oil, bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 7-8 minutes each side. Reduce oven heat ro 350 degrees. Place a slice in a 10 oz ramekin lined with parchment paper. Top with 2 tbs. marinara sauce and 2 tbs mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers two times. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)