Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Back to School Breakfast Shortcuts Part 2

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know about you, but it's a struggle to get my kids to eat breakfast each and every single morning. And now that school is back in session, we don't have time for it.  As a mom, you have to pick and choose your battles, so I've made a deal with the kids. I'm okay with them eating breakfast on the run or in the car, just as long as they eat something.

Here's our go to breakfast for most days during the week.

I stocked up on medium sized plastic cups (paper will do fine too). I place about two or three tablespoons of peanut butter at the bottom of the cup and then load in apple slices or other fruit pieces. It's great for dipping and it's a self-contained meal. You can also cut up toast or waffles into sticks and add those in as well.

You can try this with any kind of nut butter or if you're feeling sweet, some chocolate hazelnut spread. Not into nuts, try Greek yogurt. It's a little thicker than regular yogurt and therefore better for dipping. 

Moms, what kind of breakfast short cuts do you take in the morning?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-31):
Shoota
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 4:53 AM

We do a lot of oatmeal. Cup of it in a bowl, fill almost to the top with water, and pop in microwave for one minute. Done.

We add different things to it, like fruit or raisins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN