Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

French dip subs from the recipe index

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

I made these french dip subs from the recipe index today. They were fantastic. So good, will definitely be a new addition to our regular menu in our house. Thanks Maries_Mom23

French Dip Sandwiches2-3 lb oven roast2 cans beef broth (about 4 cups)2 pkgs Lipton Onion Soup Mixwhite Italian sub rolls (We get ours from Subway, they sell a 12" roll for 50 cents!)provolone cheese slicesPut oven roast in crock pot. Add beef broth and soup mix. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred roast with a fork, and return shredded beef to crock pot for a few more minutes. Slice open bread, and place a good amount of beef on one side, top beef with cheese slices. Broil open sandwich in oven for a few minutes, until the cheese gets melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, and serve with a ladle of au-jus left in crock pot.

Edit: I didn't use the subway bread as the original post of the recipe suggested this. I just used store bought, Sara Lee white sandwich rolls, toasted with some olive oil. We liked them.
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alieda
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yummy
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks delicious!
Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM

i am not a fan of the sandwich but i could DRINK the au jus dip for real.  drink.it.all.up.  especially when its extra salty. effing yum

camocountrymom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:21 AM
This recipe is so easy and so good.
Kmakksmom
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM

We LOVE french dips!

Lauren486
by Lauren on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks yummy!  My hubby will thank you :)

Lauren486
by Lauren on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM

On another note, I had no idea Subway sold just the rolls, let alone for 50 cents.  Cool!

terri76
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Oh this looks and sounds sooooooo yummy!!!!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

hooooooo, this sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe and the picture.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I didn't know this either!

Quoting Lauren486:

On another note, I had no idea Subway sold just the rolls, let alone for 50 cents.  Cool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement