The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

It's that time of year....

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

Just went and picked 3 pecks of apples yesterday - 1 1/2 pecks of Libery and 1 1/2 pecks of Macs.  I definitely have my tried and true favorite apple-based recipes for this time of year, but am always up for trying something new.

SO, what is YOUR favorite fall recipe?  Bonus if it includes apples.....

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

a simplified version of Taffy Apple Salad....

• 1 - 2 medium sized apples, diced
  • 1 large (not 8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits, drained of all but a little bit of juice
  • 1/2 c. walnut pieces (or pecans, if you wish)
  • 2  8-oz. containers whipping cream
  • 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
  • 8 oz. cream cheese

Whip the whipping cream until stiff...add powdered sugar and whip another 30 seconds.  In another bowl, beat cream cheese until mostly smooth...add a bit of pineapple juice and beat until smooth.  Fold in fruit until well mixed.  Fold in whipped cream.  Chill until served. 

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing - this is getting added to my "Cafe Mom" recipes document - I think most of them are from you anyway!

simple smile

Quoting michiganmom116:

• 1 large (not 8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits, drained of all but a little bit of juice
  • 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
  • 8 oz. cream cheese

Whip the whipping cream until stiff...add powdered sugar and whip another 30 seconds.  In another bowl, beat cream cheese until mostly smooth...add a bit of pineapple juice and beat until smooth.  Fold in fruit until well mixed.  Fold in whipped cream.  Chill until served. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

It's so quick and easy to make...my DD likes to make it while I'm making the rest of dinner.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Thanks for sharing - this is getting added to my "Cafe Mom" recipes document - I think most of them are from you anyway!

simple smile

Quoting michiganmom116:

• 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
  • 8 oz. cream cheese

Rhonda

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM

i make a to die for apple pie but i'm sorry that is a secret!

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I have one of those - but mine comes with a crunch topping.  My F-in-L has told me on more than one occasion (on the DL, of course) that my M-in-L's pie doesn't even come close to it.  Just don't tell her that...

shh

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Hahaha!!! I make a few things that dh says are better than his grandmas but that's a secret too. ;)

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

I have one of those - but mine comes with a crunch topping.  My F-in-L has told me on more than one occasion (on the DL, of course) that my M-in-L's pie doesn't even come close to it.  Just don't tell her that...

shh

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM
My family loves apple crisp.
suetoo
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Apple Crisp

Slice apples and toss with brown sugar and cinnamon, layer in sprayed 8" or 9x11" pan. Mix 2-3 T flour with 1-2 C oatmeal. Add more cinnamon, brown sugar to taste. Ginger and nutmeg are wonderful, too. Spoon over apples. Melt 1/2 - 1 stick butter, drizzle generously over all, bake 350* till tender. Enjoy! This recipe is perfect for kids to make, because you really can't mess it up. 

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM

my kiddos love crockpot applesauce

this is the recipe I use

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crock-pot-applesauce.html

megandwade
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM

This sounds yummy!

Quoting michiganmom116:

• 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
  • 8 oz. cream cheese

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)