Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

100 days of no processed foods

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

here is a link to a blog i found about 100 days of no processed food- crockpot style. I think some of my daily recipes are going to be coming from here :)

http://www.stacymakescents.com/100-days-of-no-processed-meals-crock-pot-style

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauren486
by Lauren on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Great idea, thanks  so much for sharing! I've needed some inspiration and tips for cutting back on processed food. 

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this!
dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Interesting, Are tortillas and noodle considered processed foods? I'm just curious.

EthansMomma2010
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I think it depends on if they are whole grains or not. I could be wrong. Usually I just focus on not highly processed foods. Tortillas are probably much more whole food than noodles though.

Quoting dusky_rose:

Interesting, Are tortillas and noodle considered processed foods? I'm just curious.

EthansMomma2010
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Your welcome. Cutting back on processed foods is one of the best things I've ever done! Tastier meals,healthier family. It's a win win

Quoting Lauren486:

Great idea, thanks  so much for sharing! I've needed some inspiration and tips for cutting back on processed food. 

rosemagic01
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Oh I would love to do something like this! Thank you for posting this! 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Well, in my book they are processed because of the additives.  Whole wheat or not, manufacturers can't seem to get away without "enriching" the flour with something it doesn't have in the first place.

Quoting dusky_rose:

EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

depends on what kind you buy. there are some available without the enriched stuff. but it does up the price a lot. we just don't eat it everyday.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Well, in my book they are processed because of the additives.  Whole wheat or not, manufacturers can't seem to get away without "enriching" the flour with something it doesn't have in the first place.

Quoting dusky_rose:

EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

you're welcome! it's always my goal to eat as little processed food as possible on a very tight budget. crockpot meals let me do that. :)

Quoting rosemagic01:

Oh I would love to do something like this! Thank you for posting this! 

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hmmm... I can make tortillas, but I'm not making noodles. LOL

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

depends on what kind you buy. there are some available without the enriched stuff. but it does up the price a lot. we just don't eat it everyday.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting dusky_rose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement