Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Alternative Uses for Baking Sheets

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

When I see an empty baking sheet, my mind goes straight to cookies. I'm already gathering select recipes for my holiday baking party. I usually bake at least a dozen different kinds from November through December for family and friends. But until then, how can I use my baking sheets for other kitchen tasks? It's definitely a tool  I cannot live with out.

If you have a small kitchen like I do, or just like to keep things to a minimum, it's always best to find multiple uses for kitchen items. Here are a few ways to use your baking sheets when you aren't making cookies.

Make homemade French fries and bake on your cookie sheet with a bit of olive oil for a crispy treat. Try regular baking spuds or sweet potatoes.

Slice up winter veggies and roast on high for a nutritious treat. Finish with sea salt and fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme.

Use ready-made pizza dough and roll out the entire length of your baking sheet for a family sized pie. Let your kids pick the toppings and make a night of it.

Moms, what else do you use your baking sheets for?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I use mine to freeze balls of cookie dough or veggies that I want frozen.  When the food is frozen, it's easy to remove to a freezer container, and the food is easy to remove in individual portions instead of one big frozen chunk.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I use my for everything....baking chicken, oven fries, garlic bread, the uses go on and on

batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I use mine least for cookies
I bake chicken on it, garlic bread , homemade fries, roasting vegetables
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I use them for baking meat, fish, pizza, etc.  I also use them for my DD's Makit & Bakit suncatchers.

jen113000
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Baking chicken making garlic bread etc. It's always getting used.
dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I use them for cooking cheesy garlic bread and DH cooks his pizza rolls or chicken nuggets on them.

megandwade
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

My son uses them for messy art activities! We have special ones just for crafts/play.

They are perfect for using under play dough, clay, floam, gak, and any gooey mess

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I use baking sheets for many things!!!

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM

to freeze cookie dough , to line over for spill over , to flash freeze vegtables from the garden

krys1025
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I used mine for all that you mentioned I also use mine to cook chicken drumsticks with a lined cookie sheet or bake nachos
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement