Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Recipe Is Both Sophisticated & Festive
This chocolatey fall dessert is a perfect combination of yellow cake and pumpkin bread. Usually, when you think of pumpkin cake, you can't quite separate it from the denseness of pumpkin bread, but this recipe has seamlessly combined the best of both desserts. You get the moistness and fall flavor from the pumpkin puree and the spongy cake like quality from the yellow cake mix.
As an added bonus, there are little chocolate nuggets of joy (chocolate chips) dispersed throughout the cake, which make it even more of a delicious treat. And drizzled on top is a delectable chocolate ganache that is so simple to make. All you have to do is throw the ingredients for the ganache in the microwave, and ta-da, you've got a mouth-watering glaze. Now go and enjoy this amazing autumn treat!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake adapted from Averie Cooks
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or bourbon, coffee liqueur, or chocolate-flavored liqueur (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray or grease and flour the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, sour cream, vanilla extract, butter extract (optional), cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, and cloves. Whisk until smooth and silky.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir until just combined (don't over mix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour batter into the prepared pan. If necessary, smooth lightly with a spatula and slam it on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 38 to 42 minutes, until top of cake is golden, or toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cook in pan for about 15 minutes before inverting and releasing cake from pan. Place on a cooling rack. While the cake is cooling, you can make the ganache.
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the cream on high power for about 1 minute or just until it begins to bubble.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and let it stand for about 1 minutes. Whisk vigorously until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla, alcohol (optional), and whisk to combine. Set bowl aside for 5 minutes to let mixture thicken.
- Whisk mixture briefly and then drizzle it over the cake.