Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cook or eat the same things you grew up eating ? v

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 26 Replies
the thread sbout chili spaghetti got me thinking. growing up we had chili feeds.ham and bean suppers, something I never see here. but my kids wont eat chili and certainly not ham and beans. and dh woukdnt go to a community supper to eat because he doesnt know if someones kitchen is clean if its a potluck. j
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

not really. when i was really little we ate a lot of crap in the name of saving money. i would do a modified version of the same but we have to be dairy free so most of those meals are out. when i got older my parents went on this weird diet. we seriously ate chicken and rice and salad and a veggie every single night. bleck.

MikeysMom22
Happy Black Friday All!! Advent will soon be here and the stores have us all believing the Christmas season is upon us!!! Don't get your self in a tangle!!
Today at 11:29 AM
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I just ate grilled chicken in a green salad for lunch and dinner tonight. I also had beef fried rice with dinner.
Ever since I was a little girl I have always liked chicken. I don't know about every meal for every day but I do like it alot.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

not really. when i was really little we ate a lot of crap in the name of saving money. i would do a modified version of the same but we have to be dairy free so most of those meals are out. when i got older my parents went on this weird diet. we seriously ate chicken and rice and salad and a veggie every single night. bleck.

momau5
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I cook some of the things I ate growing up. some of it was really good.
starlight1968
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I cook some of the same things we ate growing up.  Some tho hubby doesn't like so I miss them lol...

camocountrymom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I cook some of the same things but my own recipes
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I do too. I just like to change it up sometimes and also to prepare it different ways. Theirs was always grilled!

Quoting MikeysMom22:

I just ate grilled chicken in a green salad for lunch and dinner tonight. I also had beef fried rice with dinner.
Ever since I was a little girl I have always liked chicken. I don't know about every meal for every day but I do like it alot.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

About the only thing I still eat are beef roasts.  Almost everything else I've changed due to change to a healthier diet.  I very rarely make casseroles.  We have limited starches and 2 to 3 times the amount of vegetables.  No more sweet juices, no more desserts every night.

marie3
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

some things I still eat from my childhood. I don't cook them for my kiddos, they are quite picky!! 

momngram
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

no. I remember having lots and lots of fried foods.  I rarely fry anything.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no.  We eat a lot of the same types of meals such as chicken breasts, spaghetti, etc, but I try to use as many fresh ngredients in cooking as I can while I grew up on everything from a box or a can. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)