Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Do you cook or eat the same things you grew up eating ? v

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 26 Replies
the thread sbout chili spaghetti got me thinking. growing up we had chili feeds.ham and bean suppers, something I never see here. but my kids wont eat chili and certainly not ham and beans. and dh woukdnt go to a community supper to eat because he doesnt know if someones kitchen is clean if its a potluck. j
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

not really. when i was really little we ate a lot of crap in the name of saving money. i would do a modified version of the same but we have to be dairy free so most of those meals are out. when i got older my parents went on this weird diet. we seriously ate chicken and rice and salad and a veggie every single night. bleck.

MikeysMom22
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I just ate grilled chicken in a green salad for lunch and dinner tonight. I also had beef fried rice with dinner.
Ever since I was a little girl I have always liked chicken. I don't know about every meal for every day but I do like it alot.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

not really. when i was really little we ate a lot of crap in the name of saving money. i would do a modified version of the same but we have to be dairy free so most of those meals are out. when i got older my parents went on this weird diet. we seriously ate chicken and rice and salad and a veggie every single night. bleck.

momau5
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I cook some of the things I ate growing up. some of it was really good.
starlight1968
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I cook some of the same things we ate growing up.  Some tho hubby doesn't like so I miss them lol...

camocountrymom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I cook some of the same things but my own recipes
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I do too. I just like to change it up sometimes and also to prepare it different ways. Theirs was always grilled!

Quoting MikeysMom22:

I just ate grilled chicken in a green salad for lunch and dinner tonight. I also had beef fried rice with dinner.
Ever since I was a little girl I have always liked chicken. I don't know about every meal for every day but I do like it alot.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

About the only thing I still eat are beef roasts.  Almost everything else I've changed due to change to a healthier diet.  I very rarely make casseroles.  We have limited starches and 2 to 3 times the amount of vegetables.  No more sweet juices, no more desserts every night.

marie3
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

some things I still eat from my childhood. I don't cook them for my kiddos, they are quite picky!! 

momngram
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

no. I remember having lots and lots of fried foods.  I rarely fry anything.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no.  We eat a lot of the same types of meals such as chicken breasts, spaghetti, etc, but I try to use as many fresh ngredients in cooking as I can while I grew up on everything from a box or a can. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement