Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Fast and Easy Ice Cream Cake

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 36 Replies

There are a million and one different types of short cuts that you can take in your kitchen everyday to make your life easier and shave down the time it takes to create a wholesome meal for your family. As a new mom, I continue to find these everyday.

One product that I'm currently making good use of is wax paper. It's great for so many things. But, recently, I used it to make the most delicious ice cream cake for my husband's birthday.

First I picked up my cake flavor, which just happened to be devil's food cake. Perfect for Halloween time right? I made the cake in two round cake pans per usual. While those were baking I softened his favorite ice cream flavor - peanut butter chocolate chunk. I lined another round baking pan with wax paper and poured in the ice cream, smoothing it so it would take on the pan's round shape. One this was done, I put the wax papered pan into the freezer to set. It stayed there for about four hours.

One the ice cream was set, I simply used the wax paper's edges to pull out the ice cream and then sandwiched the disk between the two round cakes. I then frosted the cake with a whip cream frosting and put the entire cake back in the freezer until it was time to serve. For added sweetness you can use chocolate fudge for a drizzle before serving. Not into chocolate? Try white cake with pralines and cream ice cream and butterscotch drizzle.

Moms, what is your favorite kitchen shortcut that you use all the time? 

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I use foil a lot for wraps on the grill and oven. Shortens clean up time
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Looks good!

virginiamama71
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM

yummy!!

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Yum! I've never made ice cream cake before
Miranda1127
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

YUM!

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Yummy!  I like to make things from scratch but will sometimes use premade mix as a base such as Bisquick or premade tortilla flour. 

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Ooo!
Yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I love ice cream cakes!!!
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I do too! 

Quoting batjmom:

I use foil a lot for wraps on the grill and oven. Shortens clean up time

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

That cake looks really good! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN