Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Ask the Expert: All About Baking! *Sweeps Winner Announced*

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 75 Replies
2 moms liked this

Click here to see all the awesome answers from the Reynolds Real Moms™!

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful questions!  

And congratulations CocoSerra on winning the gift card and Reynolds® Prize Pack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The most wonderful season is almost upon us...........Baking Season!

Whether you think whipping up a perfect dessert is a piece of cake (get it?) or you're wondering why your cookies have a tendency to resemble hockey pucks (guilty), our experts are here to help!

After searching across the country for moms to share their tips and tricks for making cooking and baking easier, Reynolds invited five winners, based on their creativity and passion, to become Reynolds Real Moms™.

Just in time for the holidays, Karen, Emily, Utokia, Tiffany, Whitney, and Ashley --the Reynolds Real Moms™ for 2013 -- are here to answer YOUR questions about baking up the sweetest treats; from perfect pies to crowd-pleasing cookies.

Ask your questions in the replies below before November 4, and you'll be entered to win a Reynolds® Prize Pack PLUS a $25 American Express® gift card!  One lucky mom will win.

Check back next month to see our expert answers!

Meet Karen Petersen

Meet Emily Lyon 

Meet Utokia Langley   

Meet Tiffany Merritt   

Meet Whitney Gainer & Ashley Turner

Thanks for joining us, Karen, Emily, Utokia, Tiffany, Whitney, and Ashley!

The Giveaway Rules

The All About Baking Expert Q&A starts 10/21/13 at 9 am (ET) and ends 11/4/13 at 9 am (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 gift card to American Express® and a Reynolds® Prize Pack.

The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/10/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

awesome! Hello Ladies 

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

we are baking cookies for Christmas and wanted to find pull apart licorice to tie bows around the cookie pile? for some reason I think they only sell that certian times a year anything else we can use?

matt_sara_mom
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Do you have a good recipe for Pumpkin pie that doesn't have crust?

matt_sara_mom
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

How do you keep Chocolate Chip cookies from spreading out too much?

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
What is the best dairy/ soy free cookie recipe for Christmas? This is the first year we will be baking dairy and soy free.
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Can you use grahm cracker crust with pumpkin pie?
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
What's the best say to wrap a cookie plate for neighbors?
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Thank you.

I don't like chocolate and so many desserts are chocolate.
What is your favorite non chocolate cookie that is a big holiday hit?
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Thank you for taking time to answer our questions.

We don't eat much sugar, what do you think is a good sugar free dessert?
matt_sara_mom
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I get mine on Amazon! I had the same issue last year when I needed it. http://www.amazon.com/Strawberry-Laces-Licorice-5-5-Packs/dp/B000LSJEHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382369501&sr=8-1&keywords=licorice+ropes

Quoting jessicasmom1:

we are baking cookies for Christmas and wanted to find pull apart licorice to tie bows around the cookie pile? for some reason I think they only sell that certian times a year anything else we can use?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement