Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help finding low carb breakfast foods

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

Any adviceon low carb breakfast foods. I don't like yogurt ( i have tried for years to like it to no avail. ) i also dont like cottage cheese or oatmeal. I think its a texture issue!!!  Any advice please! Thank you! I am considering trying Glucerna(sp?) anybody ever tried that stuff? 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

oatmeal and yogurt aren't low carb.  Glucerna is NASTY.

How about eggs?   Cheese & veggie omelets?  Frittatas?  Veggie hash with poached eggs?  Granola made from nuts instead of grains?  I also make pancakes and waffles with coconut flour, which is naturally low in carbs and really high in fiber.  I put nut butter on them instead of syrup.  Cheese and steamed veggies.....avocado & eggs & bacon....dairy free smoothies made with coconut milk and frozen berries, accompanied by a hard boiled egg for fat & protein.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Lots of info on low carb & high carbs - Live Strong website.

EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
It not low carb per say because it has fruit but its healthy carbs. I make a fruit smoothie
michiganmom116
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

It not low carb per say because it has fruit but its healthy carbs. I make a fruit smoothie

Some fruits are lower than others....for example, berries are pretty low carb.  Bananas are high in carbs.

I can eat a pint of strawberries (or even sweet cherries) with little effect on my blood sugar level.  A banana blows the blood sugar level sky high.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

These are great ideas!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

oatmeal and yogurt aren't low carb.  Glucerna is NASTY.

How about eggs?   Cheese & veggie omelets?  Frittatas?  Veggie hash with poached eggs?  Granola made from nuts instead of grains?  I also make pancakes and waffles with coconut flour, which is naturally low in carbs and really high in fiber.  I put nut butter on them instead of syrup.  Cheese and steamed veggies.....avocado & eggs & bacon....dairy free smoothies made with coconut milk and frozen berries, accompanied by a hard boiled egg for fat & protein.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I would go with eggs.  There really are a lot of things you can do with them and so many add ins to make them yummy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)