The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Busy Moms Slow Cooker Challenge Day 5: Chicken

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 133 Replies

Welcome to Day 5 of the Busy Moms Slow Cooker Challenge! Each day we'll give you tasty slow cooker recipes to go along with a new food theme!

Here are some great slow cooker recipes to try for today's theme: Chicken

Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)

Chicken and Biscuits

Chicken Jambalaya

Chicken Stroganoff

Creamy Lemon Chicken

Gingered Chutney Chicken

Rosemary Chicken with Pasta

eating

Do you feel like you make the same thing for dinner all the time? Are your kids willing to try new foods or do you struggle with picky eaters?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

YUM!  My favorite chicken in the crockpot is a spicy roast chicken.  Easy and tasty!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I have a good 60+ dinner meals that my family enjoys.  I do tend to pick some more than others, but definitely don't feel that I make the same thing all the time.

My kids aren't too picky.  I know what they don't like and go easy on meals with those things.

MelanieMans
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
My family loves chicken. My son isn't picky but since he's in the terrible 2s its hard to get him to eat
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM

MMMMmm chicken

sonnyswoman75
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
We are always trying new recipes at our place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I love chicken!!

But no, I don't feel that I'm making the same thing all the time. We mix it up, and DH cooks a lot more than I do, soo..lol. I'm the only picky eater in my house :X

MistressMinerva
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I do make alot of the meals we love alot. I am making a Taco casserole today that we haven't had in probably 6 months or more.

AmeliasMommy206
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Sort of. We have a hectic schedule and a lot of our dinners are even on the go. She is willing to try new things, but she doesn't seem to like much!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Lately we've been trying a lot of new recipes.  My dd will try anything once.

TigerofMu
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I'm trying one of those next week!  I do make some of the same things or similar things, but I try to change it up too.  I rotate between beef, pork, and chicken most of the time.  We really don't serve seafood, because we have food allergies (DS shellfish, DH some fish, and one DD some fish).  I don't really have picky eaters except for that and DS's peanut allergy, but I don't consider those picky...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)