You HAVE to try these addictive oatmeal bars.
I'm not kidding. THEY ARE AMAZING. Super easy to make and so delicious - a huge hit in this house. Also a nice treat to bake and bring to a new breastfeeding mom since the oats are a nice milk-supply booster!
- 12 tbsp (1½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup chopped dried apricots (or use any combo of mix-ins you want, like chocolate chips, nuts, other dried fruit)
- Grease an 8x8” or 9×9″ baking pan with butter. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon together with a wooden spoon, flattening any lumps.
- Pour in the melted butter mixture and mix until well incorporated. Stir in the dried fruit or other mix-ins.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan, using your hands to pat down. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely (or at least mostly) before cutting into bars and serving, or you will end up with a seriously burned mouth (not that I know, or anything).