Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Can't Get Any Easier Than This....2 Ingredients

Now this is my kind of recipe!!!

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies

Two ingredient pumpkin cookies recipe

Yields about 2 dozen

Ingredients:

• 1 box spice cake mix
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, add cake mix and pumpkin puree.
  3. Mix on medium-low speed until thick and fully mixed.
  4. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, add cookies to prepared baking sheet. Leave 2 inches between cookies.
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookies are set and cake-like in texture.
  6. Let cookies cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with icing if desired.

Cinnamon cream cheese frosting

Yields about 2 cups

Ingredients: 

• 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 16 ounces powdered sugar

Directions: 

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add cream cheese, butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
  2. Mix on low until blended.
  3. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar until your mixture is fluffy.

recipe and photo credit

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Replies (11-15):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Was the oven preheated?

Do you have an oven thermometer to check if the oven is heating to the proper temp?

If I have a trend of cookies burning on the bottom, I will bake them with doubled pans to mimic an air-bake pan.

here's the recipe I use:

1 box cake mix

1/2 c. oil (I use melted coconut oil or melted butter)

2 eggs

1 Tbsp. water

Mix ingredients together until well mixed.  Chill,  Roll into balls and then in powdered sugar.  Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.

Quoting sweetheart4171:

I must of done something wrong...oven time/temp?!  something...each batch turned out the same, I gave up after the 3rd one

Quoting michiganmom116:

I made chocolate crinkle and lemon crinkle cookies with cake mixes.  They turned out good for me!

Quoting sweetheart4171:

I have done crinkle cookies with devil's food cake mix didn't have any luck with them they all burned on the bottom but didn't cook on the top

Quoting Spring.Mom:

I love cake mix cookies! I nevrr thought of doing pumpkin ones. Going to have to try this soon!

Rhonda

Lauren486
by Lauren on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Gotta love a 2 ingredient recipe!

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

yes the oven was preheated, and I rely on the digital oven thermometer (guess I shouldn't) but honestly I think it was the pans....maybe I'll try your "2 pan method"

Thank you for the recipe, I will give it a try

Quoting michiganmom116:

Was the oven preheated?

Do you have an oven thermometer to check if the oven is heating to the proper temp?

If I have a trend of cookies burning on the bottom, I will bake them with doubled pans to mimic an air-bake pan.

here's the recipe I use:

1 box cake mix

1/2 c. oil (I use melted coconut oil or melted butter)

2 eggs

1 Tbsp. water

Mix ingredients together until well mixed.  Chill,  Roll into balls and then in powdered sugar.  Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.

Quoting sweetheart4171:

I must of done something wrong...oven time/temp?!  something...each batch turned out the same, I gave up after the 3rd one

Quoting michiganmom116:

I made chocolate crinkle and lemon crinkle cookies with cake mixes.  They turned out good for me!

Quoting sweetheart4171:

I have done crinkle cookies with devil's food cake mix didn't have any luck with them they all burned on the bottom but didn't cook on the top

Quoting Spring.Mom:

I love cake mix cookies! I nevrr thought of doing pumpkin ones. Going to have to try this soon!

othermom
by Danelle on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

That sounds yummy

kaybear123
by Kayla on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN