Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

My boyfriend does not eat my meals is it because they are too fancy?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 35 Replies

I cook everyday for all 3 meals of the day my son and i like my food but my boyfriend always prefers to eat fast food instead and i dont understand why i cook new dishes everyday and he just doesnt enjoy them is it just not tasty or too fancy? here is what i plan to cook this week starting with Monday ending on Wensday please tell me what you moms think

Monday we have Sunshine Eggs which is my scrambled eggs with cheese and homemade susage lunch is Chicken Salad Wraps and Dinner is roasted chicken with potatoes on top of crispy fried kale

Tuesday Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Butter then Greek Lunch salad with olives and feta cheese and cherry tomatoes last we have Lemon and Rosemary Glazed Chicken

Wensday Susage Stuffed Bell Peppers then Roasted Corn Soup for lunch and last Pasta Salad with steak green beans and Bacon

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Sounds good to me, I don't know why he'd prefer fast food over home cooked......maybe ask him about the taste

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Or maybe ask him what he would prefer on the " menu" and you two can compromise the week out

rhiannonaisling
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Maybe it is too healthy for him? Or not enough meat? Sounds yummy to me.

TattooMom20
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM
he doesn't eat anything but burgers and fries and I just can not cook that everyday
bmw29
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Some of it sounds ok but there are certain parts of most of your meals I wouldn't eat.
raegan1221
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM
All sounds great to me. Maybe throw in a southern chicken fried steak lol. I know with my bf he prefers just home cookin.... not kale things like that. But I think your menu sounds great.
TattooMom20
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My Man Just Eats Junk I However Want Our Son And Family To Be Healthy
The_Doodle
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Let him pick a few dinners a week. Maybe he will be more willing to try your choices for dinner if he gets a few nights with things that he likes.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Is he a live-in boyfriend? Does he eat his fast food at your house? What fast foods does he eat? I don't see anything complicated or unusual about your menu plan. Does he ever say anything about the food smell in the house - like "what's that smell?" Does his mother work in fast food? Does he drive a convertible? What kind of restaurants does he take you on dates? Does he eat concession stand food at the movies? Does he like sports? Does he prefer beer or mixed drinks? Has he ever taken a cruise ship vacation? Does he like camping? Does he like fast food sushi? Can he cook? Does he have a dog or cat? How did the two of you meet?

Ricanmami88
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Yea homemade meals are healthier and better tasting in my opinion I would eat your meals if I was in your household, he is not making a good choice. Have you asked him why?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement