Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Dairy free of the day 10/21

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was thinking that I rarely share stuff for my other meals! How crazy!

So here is my breakfast for today.

1 banana

handful of frozen strawberries

peanut butter (or other kind of protein butter)

rice milk (can also use coconut milk. regular milks make this way too thick)

blender

easy peasy breakfast that packs of punch of nutrition with over 2 servings of fruit and 1 full serving of protein. you can adjust the amount of peanut butter to your taste

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Sounds good!
Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
We hard pancakes this morning
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM

mmmmm

Lauren486
by Lauren on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Yum!  I love smoothies!

kaybear123
by Kayla on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Interesting
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

me too. :)

Quoting Lauren486:

Yum!  I love smoothies!

megandwade
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I use 2% milk and my smoothies always turn out way too thick.. maybe I just need rice milk instead? I wonder how Almond milk works? I've never tried rice or coconut milk but almond milk is pretty good.. Does coconut milk taste like coconut?

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM

almond milk is still relatively thick. coconut is the healthiest choice and does not taste overly coconut. (in fact i don't notice it at all). I do rice milk because i can buy it for cheap in bulk at costco. if i could get coconut in bulk like that i would gladly do that.

Quoting megandwade:

I use 2% milk and my smoothies always turn out way too thick.. maybe I just need rice milk instead? I wonder how Almond milk works? I've never tried rice or coconut milk but almond milk is pretty good.. Does coconut milk taste like coconut?

megandwade
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Thanks for the tips! I've always been afraid to try the coconut because I assumed it would be too coconutty.. ;) I think I'll give it a try!

I gave up on trying smoothies because I could never get a good consistency not matter what I tried!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

almond milk is still relatively thick. coconut is the healthiest choice and does not taste overly coconut. (in fact i don't notice it at all). I do rice milk because i can buy it for cheap in bulk at costco. if i could get coconut in bulk like that i would gladly do that.

Quoting megandwade:

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM

rice milk reminds me of the consistency of water....that is how thin it is

Quoting megandwade:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement