Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

brunch sandwiches

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
Ingredients 5 slices bacon 1 cup Bisquick® Complete pancake & waffle mix 2/3 cup water 1/2 ripe large avocado 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 3 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise 1 large tomato, sliced, seasoned with salt 5 leaves romaine lettuce, cut into 4-inch-long pieces Directions 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Line sheet pan or shallow baking pan with foil; place wire baking or roasting rack in pan. Arrange bacon slices over rack. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Cool. 2 Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat pancake mix and water with whisk until smooth. Follow directions on pancake mix box to make 6 (4-inch) round pancakes. Cool. 3 Thinly slice half avocado; place slices on plate. Coat each slice with lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside. 4 To make sandwiches, spread each of 3 pancakes with desired amount of mayonnaise. Divide avocado slices among pancakes. Break bacon slices in half; place over avocado. Top with seasoned tomato slices and lettuce. Spread remaining 3 pancakes with mayonnaise; place mayonnaise side down over lettuce to make sandwiches.
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hmmm....unless somebody fed me breakfast I'm not putting that much effort into a meal Lol. But maybe dh would.
TattooMom20
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I love hard dishes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement