Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Surprisingly Sweet Fairly Healthy Dessert

Posted by   + Show Post

As a dessert:

Ingredients:

1 to 1 1/2 pounds of seedless grapes, any variety

1 large can pinapple chunks

1 to 1 1/2 cups of raisins

2   6 or 8 ounce servings of any berry yogurt-the amount of sugar makes a difference. If you use a yogurt with 26 grams of sugar, it's really sweet, and I like it that way the best, but for more healthy eating use yogurt with 10 grams of sugar.

Drain the pineapple chunks (I make the juice into a syrup or just drink it later). Mix the fruits together with yogurt.

Put in the fridge to chill and serve.

As an accompaniment to pork dishes or a snack:

Use low-sugar yogurt and add enough small cubes of a good quality SHARP cheddar cheese, like Cracker Barrel to even out through the fruit. I''m sure you could use goat, feta or any tangy cheeses that go well with wine and fruit, I just haven't tried it that way.

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (11-12):
terri76
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds delicious with the Queso Fresco as well. I also thought about adding flake coconut. I might try it with Dried Cranberries. My deal with that is i do not like them when they get plump. LOL so i might add them before i eat it.

Honeygator
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

OH COCONUT!!! That would be a great addition. You know, coconut is not that sweet by itself...I can see sweetened flaked coconut being the 5th permanent ingredient in this never-to-be finished recipe! Thanks!

I'm also thinking that any dried fruit would plump, so adding them at serving time would be a wonderful solution for people who don't like plumpified dried fruit. LOL...Thanks!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement