The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Share a delicious non-dessert baking recipe/baking tip that’s perfect for the holidays!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 75 Replies

There are plenty of yummy things you can bake for the holidays and it doesn't have to just be all about cookies and cakes. (not that those are bad things, lol)

We gave moms Reynolds® Pan Lining Paper and asked them to try a new holiday recipe, perfect for the holidays. Check out what our moms had to say about their experience baking a new holiday recipe with Reynolds® Pan Lining Paper.

Share a delicious non-dessert baking recipe/baking tip that's perfect for the holidays!

cornucopia

For recipe ideas and baking tips from Reynolds®, click here.

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
neveragain17
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I used the liner today! I made a cream of chicken and noodle casserole. It worked great! I cooked the chicken on the stove and mixed everything in a pot an purse it all in my cake pan lines with the liner! I put it to bake and when we were all done the mess was almost not even there! I love love love this liner!
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I used this liner once already for baked salmon.  I'm going to use it for a meatloaf tonight ~ I'll take pics and post my answers as well after dinner tonight.

KendallsMommee
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this

So I chose to do lasagna using the Reynold's pan lining paper. They have a great recipe for lasagna on their website. It's very similar to the one I use all the time. Getting started...

I made the sauce last night to make the prep easier..

Almost finished..

Right before putting it in the oven (cover the top with another piece of paper first)....

Ta da! Dinner...

See how perfect that "square" of lasagna is? With the lining paper, there was no sticking to the pan leaving half of the square behind like when I just use a pan. I will never bake a lasagna again without lining it first with the Reynold's paper! And clean up is going to be so easy once the leftovers are gone. Just throw the paper away! No soaking the pan for hours. Yay!

Another sucessful Reynold's experiment..

andrea96
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I was excited to try my Reynolds Pan Lining Paper, because I had never used it before. I made Hot Artichoke Dip for my book club meeting. I chose this recipe because I like spinach artichoke dips, and it had a 4-star rating.

To begin, I preheated my oven and lined my glass baking pan with Reynolds Pan Lining Paper. I did manage to tear my first attempt while trying to fit it into one of the pan corners, so I was more careful the second time.

I mixed the ingredients.

I put the mixed ingredients into my lined pan.

Then, I sprinkled parmesan cheese over the top.

After it was baked, it looked and smelled delicious.

Since I had to transport my dip, I scooped it out of the baking pan and into another container. I was surprised how easily it came out of the pan. There was no sticking at all.

Clean up was a breeze. I removed the liner and my pan was spotless.

It was delicious! My book club friends loved it and asked for the recipe.

Debmomto2girls
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Debmomto2girls
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The above pics were baked ziti. Very easyntomuse and clean up was a breeze. Would definitely use this again and again. I'm a busy working mom and easy clean up is important

momager2two
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Mobile Photo

I made baked ravioli with a meat sauce. I used the reynolds pan lining and it made clean up so easy. The pan was spotless! This is the second time I've used it. I love it!
mcginnisc
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I have not had a chance to use the liners as I am out of town until after Thanksgiving. I got the assignment on Wednesday, but was not home all day and since we were leaving on Friday, I did not cook before we left to avoid leftovers. I will make it a point to use the liners once I am home after the holidays. I will be returning home on Saturday. I have looked at the website, but I have not decided what I will prepare with them as of yet. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I decided to use my own recipes for this assignment.  My family's tastes are very specific so it was just best for me to stick with what I know they like.  I made three things (non-desserts) with the Reynold's Parchment & Pan Lining paper.  I needed a quick dinner one night so I baked some salmon using the liner.  It worked great.  Next I needed to bake some chicken to be used in a casserole.  The chicken baked up great and the clean up was a breeze.

The last thing I made was a meatloaf. 

The meatloaf baked up great as well and it was easy to remove from the pan.  However, I had one problem with the lining paper with this dish.  When I went to clean the pan I removed the lining paper but part of it (the foil side) stuck to the bottom of my pan.  It separated from the parchment side and the foil side stuck.  I had to soak it in hot soapy water to get it to come loose. 

Overall I did enjoy using this product and it's something I would probably purchase in the future.

Mznaye
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I used the pan liner to make ham and cheese crescent rolls. I also used it to bake meatballs.  I don't know how to post pictures from my computer.

Line the pan, roll the meatballs, put them in the pan, bake them, let them cool, take them off and continue cooking.

It smelled delicious while baking. I had no trouble taking the food off the pan so I could finish cooking. I use the liner to line my pans when I bake.

It is very easy to empty the food off the lining paper and toss it in the trash.  I wipe off the pan with a wet towel and put it back in the cabniet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)