Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Beer Cheese Soup

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

from allrecipes.com

Beer Cheese Soup IV

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: CHEFETTE
Photo By: Honorae
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Cauliflower, Cheddar and beer are featured in this rich and comforting soup. Garnish with crumbled bacon, if desired."
Ingredients:
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 tablespoon margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
2 cups half-and-half cream
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook cauliflower in water to cover until just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt margarine. Stir in onion, garlic and Worcestershire and cook until onion is translucent. Pour in beer and bring to a boil. Pour in chicken broth and return to a boil. Then reduce heat, stir in cauliflower, and heat through.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, stirring to dissolve. Set aside. Stir half-and-half and Cheddar into the soup until the cheese melts. Stir in cornstarch mixture and continue to cook and stir until soup thickens. Serve at once.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Honeygator
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I had totally forgotten about beer cheese soup due to not hearing any mention of it in years.. Have you made this recipe yet?

batjmom
by Sarah on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Minus the onion and I'm going to make this. I've never made it before but with winter coming this sounds good
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quoting Honeygator:

I had totally forgotten about beer cheese soup due to not hearing any mention of it in years.. Have you made this recipe yet?

Beer cheese soup is one of our favorites, too.  I haven't tried THIS particular recipe yet.

Rhonda

Honeygator
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM

The reason I would be interested in a "Tried & True" beer cheese recipe is because of fiascos that have a high probability of occurring using cheese as an ingredient unless you are certain of it's melting and incorporating properites. Which unfortunately led to the creation of Velveeta. I use Velveeta for 1 and only 1 recipe and it's my favorite mac & cheese recipe. It's great.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Sounds good.  DH was asking me about making a beer cheese soup but I hadn't looked for a recipe yet.  I may have to give it a go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement