Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Holiday Candy and Goodies

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you make them for gifts?  If so what is your favorite?

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Last year we made chocolate dipped spoons with crushed cand cane sprinkled on to stir cocoa with and gave them to family and friends. They were fun and easy to do and the girls LOVED making them!

mcginnisc
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I make each of the girls' teachers baskets for Christmas. Last year, they got: chocolate dipped candy canes, 2 bags of chocolate popcorn, 4 dozen chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, bread, homemade ornaments the kids made and gummy bears since both teachers love them. 

This year, they will get bread, fudge, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, cookies, and ornaments. 

I am also making the truffles for all of my Cubbies Leaders and LITs at Church on Wednesdays- so that is for 4 Leaders, 2 Commanders, 2 Staff and 6 LITs. 

One week, I am making Gingerbread cookies for my Cubbies at AWANA to take home that night ( December 11)....

Needless to say, starting on November 18th, I'll be making a ton of truffles since I am making them for the AWANA Thanksgiving pot luck on the 20th... I also have to make a Cheesecake for dd's teacher for her birthday next week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM

let me just say WOW and YUM!!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I make each of the girls' teachers baskets for Christmas. Last year, they got: chocolate dipped candy canes, 2 bags of chocolate popcorn, 4 dozen chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, bread, homemade ornaments the kids made and gummy bears since both teachers love them. 

This year, they will get bread, fudge, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, cookies, and ornaments. 

I am also making the truffles for all of my Cubbies Leaders and LITs at Church on Wednesdays- so that is for 4 Leaders, 2 Commanders, 2 Staff and 6 LITs. 

One week, I am making Gingerbread cookies for my Cubbies at AWANA to take home that night ( December 11)....

Needless to say, starting on November 18th, I'll be making a ton of truffles since I am making them for the AWANA Thanksgiving pot luck on the 20th... I also have to make a Cheesecake for dd's teacher for her birthday next week. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to be HEAVY into making goodie baskets for Christmas, but now, due to my health beliefs, I just can't give something that I wouldn't touch myself.

I made molded candies, several different flavors of fudge, three kinds of truffles, a dozen different kinds of cookies, homemade jams, homemade breads & rolls, homemade coffeecakes, Christmas cakes, etc.  I also made flavored cappuccino mixes and spiced tea mix.

megandwade
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I love getting cookie trays for the holidays! I actually wish more people would give fruit cake!

MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
My husband LOVES fruit cake!! I have never made it because i don't care for it so we usually buy it.

Quoting megandwade:

I love getting cookie trays for the holidays! I actually wish more people would give fruit cake!

megandwade
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I thought I was the only fan of fruit cake! My family thinks I'm crazy but I seriously get excited if someone gives it to us as a gift! I've never made my own.. as I'm the only one who would ever eat it.

Quoting MaineMammax2:

My husband LOVES fruit cake!! I have never made it because i don't care for it so we usually buy it.

Quoting megandwade:

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

don't make any. i love any kind of candied nuts though.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

What a great idea!  That would be a great teacher gift too! 

Quoting MaineMammax2:

Last year we made chocolate dipped spoons with crushed cand cane sprinkled on to stir cocoa with and gave them to family and friends. They were fun and easy to do and the girls LOVED making them!

Lauren486
by Lauren on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually give plates of cookies to my daughters' teachers for Christmas. Maybe I should step it up this year after reading so many great ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN