Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm a freak for cookies stuffed with candy bars. Fresh from the oven, the candy bar is melty and wonderful inside the cookie. After it cools, the caramel becomes firm and chewy and adds a little bite to your cookie. These cookies are surprising easy to churn out in larger batches for Christmas cookies, you should give them a try. I always use parchment paper when making Christmas cookies, it makes it a lot faster to transfer the melty warm cookies and makes for less clean-up afterward and between batches.

Ingredients:

2 sticks of butter, softened

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup creamy peanut butter

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups of flour

1 tsp baking soda

pinch of salt

36 mini Snickers bars, unwrapped

Cream together the butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and then gradually add that to the wet mixture until blended. Move your dough to the refrigerator for a half an hour so it can cool and be easier to handle.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Take a 2 Tbsp sized ball of dough and push a candy bar into the center, closing the space behind it so it is completely covered in dough.  Place on the parchment paper a couple of inches apart and bake for 13 minutes until done.

What cookies do you bake for Christmas?

(c)istockphoto.com/LauriPatterson

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM

sounds good!

we always make frosted sugar cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies, chocolate crinkles, snickerdoodles, snowballs, and then a few other varieties for Christmas.

jazi1105
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM
This sounds soooo good. Definitely going to have to give it a try if I have spare time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Yum! I don't bake cookies, but I help my mom with her sugar cookies.
elasmimi
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Well, I'll be baking these for sure! I always do sugar cookies, but try new recipes every year.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM

We usually make peanut blossoms, orange chocolate chip, regular chocolate chip and thumbprint cookies.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
What is a chocolate crinkle?

Quoting michiganmom116:

sounds good!

we always make frosted sugar cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies, chocolate crinkles, snickerdoodles, snowballs, and then a few other varieties for Christmas.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Oh my gosh. Orange chocolate chip sound4 good. Care to share the recipe?

Quoting lalasmama2007:

We usually make peanut blossoms, orange chocolate chip, regular chocolate chip and thumbprint cookies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Chocolate chip, ginger snaps, and chocolate peanut butter. Oh chocolate coconut also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I'll see if I can find the recipe.  I may have to ask my mom for it again. 

Quoting mrswillie: Oh my gosh. Orange chocolate chip sound4 good. Care to share the recipe?

Quoting lalasmama2007:

jen113000
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I want to try these! I love peanut butter and snickers!! I usually just make chocolate chip and sugar cookies. Kids love to decorate the sugar cookies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement