Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

5 Classic Gifts People Still Love to Give & Get

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

5 Classic Gifts People Still Love to Give & Get

posted by The Stir Bloggers 

SavingStarThere are some gifts that just never go out of style. You know, the ones that feature prominently in gift guides year after year. Maybe the styles change a bit, but the gifts themselves are such classics, they’re great for anyone on your list.

Popcorn maker: Back before microwaves, people made popcorn right on the stove-top, either in a lidded pot or a cool contraption like this, which makes the process that much more fun. Throw in a jar of gourmet popping corn or a couple of cute serving bowls if you want, and you have a perfect go-to hostess or teacher gift.

Gloves: You always could do with a spare pair, right? To keep in the car, at the office, in a spare coat ... wherever! Well, the same goes for everyone else. If you know the giftee’s sense of style, go for something along those lines, or stick to timeless classics like neutral-colored leather or (for the luxe budget) cashmere-lined gloves.

Peppermint bark: Um, hello seasonal yumminess! You can find this tasty treat just about anywhere, at any price range, from upscale gourmet brands to less expensive (but still delicious) versions available at your local drugstore or home store.

Socks: And we don’t mean boring athletic socks. Think instead of fun, quirky, and memorable pairs, with cool patterns or bold colors that will make the recipient smile.

Stationery: Here’s something you can easily have monogrammed, if you’re looking to give a gift that’s a little more personal. With so many patterns and styles available, from traditional to ultramodern, you’ll have no shortage of options to choose from.

What’s your “go-to” holiday gift?

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM

fuzzy socks for women, wallets for guys

megandwade
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I love getting fuzzy socks!

My go to would be edible. Candy, Meat & Cheese, Chocolate, Hot Chocolate & Mugs, baked goodies... Who doesn't like food?

batjmom
by Sarah on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
My go to gift is usually food or wine. It's fun to create a little gift basket
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

If I'm giving a family member a novelty style wallet, it's because I'm stuffing it with a couple of gift cards ... one for a dept store and one for a restaurant. 

Baskets are fun gifts ... all season long, you can find things to add as you're holiday shopping.   

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

staionary, peppermint bark!! 

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM

my go to gifts would be candy, candles, lotions, teas/coffees with mug, and of course always socks...the fuzzy fun kind

Lauren486
by Lauren on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My go to gift is wine and wine accessories. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN