Puff Pastry Stars Recipe Is an Easy Way to Impress Your Holiday Guests
The holidays are a great time of year for your kitchen. During the rest of the year, you might bake the odd birthday cake or dabble in goose-preparation, but December is the only time of the year when your kitchen is seemingly transformed into a veritable factory producing nothing but tastiness. It's delicious and fun -- and it can also be totally overwhelming.
The holidays are an endless barrage of parties and people. While it's fun to entertain guests with elaborately prepared new recipes, it's crucial to have some quick standbys ready to go for the unexpected (but no less welcome) visitors.
This tasty recipe totally fits the bill. With the help of just a few kitchen staples, a batch of puff pastry stars will solve that last-minute snack problem in a jiffy! Once you've mastered the recipe (which is as easy as using a cookie cutter), there are so many variations to this perfect treat. I've presented a traditional cinnamon sugar take, but this recipe also lends itself to sprinkling olive oil, herbs, and cheese for a savory variation. Have fun with it!
Puff Pastry Stars Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 package puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove puff pastry from packaging and roll out to one, even sheet with pin.
- Brush surface of pastry with melted butter.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over pastry.
- Use star cookie cutter (or cutter of your choice) to create up to 10 treats.
- Cook in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the edges have just begun to brown.
What are your favorite quick, go-to appetizers during the holidays?