Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Cranberry Sauce Recipe?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone would like to share their cranberry sauce recipe with me?  Or is the recipe on back of the bag pretty good?  Thanks!

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I use the one on the bag...berries, sugar and water.  The only other good sounding ones I've found contain oranges and we can't make that, since our 10 year old is allergic to oranges.  

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I ran across these this morning:  http://www.kitchendaily.com/read/best-cranberry-sauces

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I found most recipes on packages are good. 

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

this one sounds easy enough and the reviews are pretty good

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cranberry_sauce/

4music
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

For every 12 oz. bag of cranberries i use

1 cup of OJ

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup raspberries

Stir OJ and sugar over med. heat. Add cranberries and bring to boil. Stir and cook until berries have burst.  Stir in cinnamon & raspberries  (if you're using them); reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate or serve warm. 

I love this recipe as a topping for things like brie, cheesecake, waffles...etc... so i recently made 6 bags and froze for later use.

I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!
-Dennis
HunnyBabie
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I do a 12oz bag of cranberries (wash, only use the ones that float and don't look "yucky").  Put them in a saucepan.

Add the juice and zest of one orange (I used a little dark fruits juice and a little Welch's purple grape juice this year); for the zest, if you need to substitute, 1 Tablespoon of pure orange extract.

Add 1/4 cup wine (my recipe calls for port, but merlot is what I had, so... I used that; you could substitute with additional juice if you want, I usually use a very natural cranberry juice if I'm substituting for wine)

1/2 cup sugar (white, granulated; use whatever you do to sweeten, you're going to taste at the end and add more if you want it sweeter anyway, so amt isn't crucial here)

Cook all this in your saucepan stirring occasionally until the cranberries pop.  I squish them against the side of the pan, but you do what you like. =)

Add to this a slurry of 1 Tablespoon corn starch and 1 Tablespoon water.  Stir it in, simmer for a minute.

This is where you taste it and make adjustments.  If you want it sweeter, add some of your sweetener; if it's too tart, add a pinch of salt (I useually do); make it taste the way you want it to taste.

Put it in the fridge.  It's supposed to be served chilled, but (for some unknown reason) my DH asks me to warm it up.  It doesn't bother me, so I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN