Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Comparing Cookie Sheets

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 4:20 AM
  • 37 Replies

Every kitchen needs a good cookie sheet and there's no better time than now to buy a new one for your baking needs. All of the major department and discount stores have huge sales going on for kitchen gadgets and gear, so there's really know excuse, especially if you plan on making batches of your favorite cookies for family and friends.

But what type of cookie sheet should you buy? In my opinion, you'll probably need two.

The first type of cookie sheet to look for is called an insulated cookie sheet. An added pocket of air between the top and bottom layer makes things cook slower, and at a lower temperature which is perfect for more delicate cookies. Think Spritzs, shortbreads and other buttery creations.

The second type is a good old fashioned, basic aluminum cookie sheet. It's durable and affordable and great for cookie where you're looking for crispy edges and brown bottoms. Chocolate chip, oatmeal, molasses and sugar cookies all bake wonderfully on these sheets.

Moms, how many cookie sheets do you have in your kitchen, and what kind of cookies do you bake on each?

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 6 cookie sheets, all of them aluminum.  If I want the insulated cookie sheet effect, I just use 2 pans layered together.

terri76
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I have wayyy to many! I have both insulated and basic! Love them both! We mostly bake chocolate chip.
kellynh
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I have 8, but only 2 are for cookies. The others are just cheap ones for anything frozen..lol

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Many and I buy new ones about every other year- I hate when they get dingy and stained. I leave them in the oven because I bought this lovely Blue Star high end oven/stove and the oven is NOT self cleaning...a blast from the past. Leaving the pans in the oven helps keep the floor of the oven clean.

batjmom
by Sarah on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I use a baking stone and they come out pretty good that way

I need a new aluminum sheet
ceciliam
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I have 5 or 6.

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I only have 2 at the house, there are more at the apt. They are aluminum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I have 3 of the old fashioned kind.

sanj1213
by Juanita on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I need to get some new ones! I have four right now that are aluminum. I'll be checking the sales on them, thank you. 

sanj1213
by Juanita on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I bake just about any kind of cookie on them. Chocolate chip, shortbread, macaroons, sugar, pb cup cookies, oatmeal all kinds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement