Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Quick and Easy Appetizers for New Year's Eve

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

Christmas is here! There's evidence of it everywhere - empty cookie jars, wrapping paper thrown about, and kids running a muck. But the holiday festivities are not over yet. New Year's Eve is just around the corner. And with this major event on the horizon, it's time to start thinking about entertaining guests once again.

Because most of us have had our fill of cooking and kitchen tasks, here are a few fast and easy appetizers to make on the big night that will keep guests happy and full.

Use ready-made pizza dough and set out toppings for a make your own personal pizza bar. There's no going wrong when people can choose their own toppings.

Hard boil eggs the night before so that you can make deviled eggs in a snap right before your party. Buy ready to serve bacon and crumble on top of each prepared egg.

Use a mini cupcake pan to make corn dog bites. Fill each cupcake mold with corn bread batter, and a mini hot dog. Serve hot with mustard and ketchup dipping sauce.

Add sour cream to salsa for a creamy, cool twist on a party favorite.

Slice cucumbers and top with goat cheese and a cherry tomato. Finish with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

Wrap a wheel of Brie cheese in puff pastry and bake in the oven. Top with raspberry preserves and serve with crackers or bread.

Moms, what are your favorite quick and easy appetizers?

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terri76
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I make the Brie in the puff pastry all the time! Delicious! We also make mini corn dogs, chips and dip, mini pigs in blanket, seven layer dip, chicken wings.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM

yummy ideas!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I like to bake chicken wings and then put them in one of my crockpots with BBQ sauce, to keep warm all evening.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM

My family loves a homemade cheese ball and crackers.

sukainah
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Those sounds really yummy!  I don't really make anything special for New Year's Eve.  Just usually crackers and cheese, or chips with salsa and cream cheese mixed together.

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We like cheese and crackers for New Years.

elasmimi
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

The baked Brie is a favorite. I also like to put out a block of cream cheese, top with hot pepper jelly, and serve with crackers. Or top with cocktail sauce and tiny shrimp.

aneela
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

i like mini cupcake sized stuff!

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Chicken wings is my favorite appetizer! We also do veggie and fruit platters. My husband likes the mini meatballs. Good ideas though! We are also both fans of dips.

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM
We don't make anything.
I don't care about New Years lol
Crackers look good, I would put avocado on them though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN