Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

HELP!! I have no clue about food processors! Which one??

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hello everyone! I am new to this group! Anyway, I keep finding recipes that I want to try, but they all call for a food processor, which I do not own! I have looked at a ton of them on the internet, but there are so many of them that I cannot make heads or tails as to which one to buy, what to look for in a 'really good' one versus a 'really bad one.' The reviews from other buyers doesn't help! One person will say, 'This food processor is the best ever!' Someone else says, ' This thing is the biggest piece of crap! Don't waste your money!' UGH!!

So anyway, if you wonderful gals could please tell me which food processor you have or have had and which ones are the best and even ones you had to take back/throw away b/c it was so horrible, I would really, really appreciate it!!

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terri76
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I wish I could help!! But like you I do not have one! Sorry Hun
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I bought one from Costco. It wasn't cheap but we use it a ton and it was so worth it. We've had it for years!
The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I have a small one that I got for like 20 bucks from Target. It works fine and I've already gotten my money's worth out of it.

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I did what you're doing. And bought a Kitchenaid on Amazon. I love it. I use it for dough, and it handles a 3 cups of flour batch. It's fairly simple, but I studied the instruction booklet a lot first. I wish it had come with a recipe booklet, but bought a big basic cookbook to go with it. Happy New year!

Allebas
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Could you please post which model you bought? Is it super noisy? Thanks! 

Quoting suetoo:

I did what you're doing. And bought a Kitchenaid on Amazon. I love it. I use it for dough, and it handles a 3 cups of flour batch. It's fairly simple, but I studied the instruction booklet a lot first. I wish it had come with a recipe booklet, but bought a big basic cookbook to go with it. Happy New year!

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Hi! It's a 13 cup kfp1333 or 1334, couldn't tell which. It is really pretty quiet, and it doesn't travel or move on my counter. It will auto stop after a thunk if I put too big of a bread dough batch in it. So I keep the recipes to a 3 3-1/2 cup max. Will send picture. 

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

ja2010
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I don't have one either but should have one. It is like I lost my mixer in our move.

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
Yesterday at 10:46 AM
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I got the Ninja.

Allebas
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Thank you so much for posting a picture! :) Today, I went onto ebay and found a "Buy it Now" with FREE SHIPPING on this same food processor! Mine is silver! I cannot wait for it to get here!! WHOOP!! WHOOP!! I am going to be trying out recipes with it big time! :) Is yours also a juicer? Mine says it slices/chops/dices/mixes/juices!! Not sure of the 'actual' model number, but it looks just like yours only in silver!! Anyway, thank you again for your help! If I need any advice after I get it, I will message you--I hope you don't mind! If you do, just let me know and I won't bother you! Thanks again for all your help!! It is greatly appreciated!! :) 

Quoting suetoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement