Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

EDIT: I AM TAKING NYE Appetizers & soap

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going to a NYE party as the guest of a band. I want to take some apps for our table. There is a lot of equipment, I also want it to be a surprise and I don't want to add to the load. I can't carry them like I did for Christmas Day, which was in serving dishes wrapped with foil. I'd need to put them in a bag like the strudier reusuable grocery bags. It will be a cheese ball with crackers and mini meat pies. I can put every thing in a bag, but not in very large containers.

I haven't met these guys before but everyone in this business in my town knows on NYE I bring appetizers. I have a reputation to keep up! I think it would be a nice guesture for the the invite and the safe ride to and from the gig. I'll be drinking but there's designated driver of course. Maybe I shouldn't even do this. I can't take a nice bottle of wine because you can't take booze in or out of a night club...The club will already have party favours...I feel I need to do something special.

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (11-15):
Honeygator
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

You're sweet Mandee. Thank you too Peachy. I'll have a great time, I'm not one to let a NYE party go to waste...LOL

terri76
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Well i think what you have decided to do sounds awesome!!! I am sure they will appreciate it and i think you will have an awesome time!!!!

Honeygator
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much terri!

So now, I'm taking soap to the club for the ladies. Then there's an after party with rooms at the hotel. SO! I am taking appetizers and I don't have to hide them. It's going to be below freezing all night and they can hang out in the vehicle I ride in and put out at the whatever-hotel-room they end up in.  No one is driving and we will be driven to the hotel.

I'm so glad I got all the ingredients together just in case.

Dang it, I guess I'm going to be riding a lot higher on the hog tomorow then I have been for a long time. Sometimes I guess you just gotta spur your ridin hog until he gets out of the mudhole and make him understand that there is an exit off ramp somewhere on the freeway numbered hard work and hard times.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM

have fun!!

At first when I read the title I'm like "soap??", LOL!!

Honeygator
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM

This worked out very well. I had a great time. As I predicted the ladies did not take to me right away, but when they realized I wasn't his "date" it all worked out. This was in Shawnee, OK, 40 miles east of Oklahoma City and at least a million miles away from the rest of this country. PO DUNK City!

At one point we thought we could order Dominos...The motel key cards had Dominos phone number on the other side of the magnetic strip...Nope, Dominos in Shawnee was closed on New Years Eve.

Meat pies and cheese ball were a hit and I didn't pass out the soap. This was very stressful but I took my ugly-guy-watching-football pajamas and I made some good connections. Besides all of that, I HAD A BLAST!!!

I pray all of you are going to have great blessings upon your families in this new year and I am praying for the same blessings for mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement