Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Welcome to Inside the Kitchen! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 578 Replies
4 moms liked this

welcome

Welcome to Inside the Kitchen!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where are you from?

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

coffee

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Im Mandee a married mom from Indiana. I have 3 kids, 2 girls 15 & 5 and 1 boy 10. We also have DH's niece 6 who lives with us and all our animals. I love pop culture. food, sports and weather. 

jobseeker
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  I've got 2 sons in college

2. Where are you from?  Houston, TX

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family?  My boys love my mac n cheese

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  be alone, knit, sew, anything creative

5. What's on your mind today?  I'm a bundle of nerves because I start a new job on Monday

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Welcome to the group! Good luck on Monday!! What is the job for? 

Quoting jobseeker:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  I've got 2 sons in college

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family?  My boys love my mac n cheese

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  be alone, knit, sew, anything creative

5. What's on your mind today?  I'm a bundle of nerves because I start a new job on Monday

jobseeker
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I do medical billing and insurance follow up.  I am starting a job for a surgery group. (yikes! surgeons are not know to be nice)

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting jobseeker:

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group,and congrats on there new job.  Hopefully you get a nice group of surgeons :)

Quoting jobseeker:

I do medical billing and insurance follow up.  I am starting a job for a surgery group. (yikes! surgeons are not know to be nice)

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting jobseeker:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Yeah I have nannied for a few so I know what you mean. I hope they are nice to you!!

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting jobseeker:

megandwade
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Welcome to the group! What's your Mac & Cheese Recipe? It's my son's favorite as well!

Quoting jobseeker:

jobseeker
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

not fancy at all.  I came up with it about 18 years ago.  My boys both liked a specific cafe's mac n cheese.  a waitress gave me the recipe.  It started with a bechamel sauce.  after a few times making it I realized I could easily substitute cream soup.  So here is my recipe:

12 oz box pasta, cooked

1 can cream of celery soup, (youcan use whatever you want, I just think celery has a more balanced flavor)

1/2 can milk

1/3-1/2 lb cheese

Cook  pasta and set aside.  In a large saucepan bring soup and milk to just under a simmer.  Add cheese a handful at a time until it melts into soup.  Stir in pasta and taste.  Add more cheese until you like it.  if you added too much cheese, stir in more milk.

I like to use sharp cheeses because you get a lot of flavor without too much cheese, bringing down the fat content.  

I ususally spinkle in seasoned salt or Mrs Dash.

you can stir in leftover meats for a change, I also sometimes add tuna, diced hot dogs, or spam.

If my boys aren't having dinner with us, I'll stir in a couple of fresh diced tomatoes.

I used to cook for the youth group at church when they had their sessions on Sunday evening.  this was by far the most requested dinner!

enjoy it!

Quoting megandwade:

Welcome to the group! What's your Mac & Cheese Recipe? It's my son's favorite as well!

Quoting jobseeker:

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Welcome to the group! Good luck on your new job!

Quoting jobseeker:

megandwade
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Thanks! Sounds good! :)

Quoting jobseeker:

not fancy at all.  I came up with it about 18 years ago.  My boys both liked a specific cafe's mac n cheese.  a waitress gave me the recipe.  It started with a bechamel sauce.  after a few times making it I realized I could easily substitute cream soup.  So here is my recipe:

12 oz box pasta, cooked

1 can cream of celery soup, (youcan use whatever you want, I just think celery has a more balanced flavor)

1/2 can milk

1/3-1/2 lb cheese

Cook  pasta and set aside.  In a large saucepan bring soup and milk to just under a simmer.  Add cheese a handful at a time until it melts into soup.  Stir in pasta and taste.  Add more cheese until you like it.  if you added too much cheese, stir in more milk.

I like to use sharp cheeses because you get a lot of flavor without too much cheese, bringing down the fat content.  

I ususally spinkle in seasoned salt or Mrs Dash.

you can stir in leftover meats for a change, I also sometimes add tuna, diced hot dogs, or spam.

If my boys aren't having dinner with us, I'll stir in a couple of fresh diced tomatoes.

I used to cook for the youth group at church when they had their sessions on Sunday evening.  this was by far the most requested dinner!

enjoy it!

Quoting megandwade:

Quoting jobseeker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement