Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home Reynolds baked for you

10 Food Trends Coming For 2014 #6

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

By Sharon Franke, Getty Images

6. Formal Dining

Okay, last year was all about super-casual eating out — sitting with strangers and even picking off their plates! Well, the pendulum was bound to swing back. We’ll be seeing a return of Caesar salad, lobster thermidor, and crepes Suzette tossed, sautéed, and flambéed — and served by a waiter in a tux and bowtie. Get your little black dress, pearls, and heels ready.

How often do you do formal dining?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauren486
by Lauren on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Hardly ever for me,  If it were up to DH, he  would definitely like at least an occasional formal night.  Realistically, we have a formal night once a year, and that is eating out, not at home. 

cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Once a year with my sil. We go for an early dinner on new years eve at the place my brother works. Me and df, more df, are not that onto fancy dining. The place my brother works at though places your napkin in your lap, pours your martini at the table, refills your water glass almost after every sip. Lol.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Pretty much never!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2TwinGirls
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM
My daughter said to me the other day, you know how I know we are having a fancy dinner mom? You give it to me on a real plate not a paper one lol!
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM
lol

Quoting Mommy2TwinGirls: My daughter said to me the other day, you know how I know we are having a fancy dinner mom? You give it to me on a real plate not a paper one lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MethuenMom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Never.  I'm all about family style even when it's just me and the hubby.

megandwade
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Quoting MamaMandee: Pretty much never!
terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM
This made me giggle!! My son says the same thing!

Quoting Mommy2TwinGirls: My daughter said to me the other day, you know how I know we are having a fancy dinner mom? You give it to me on a real plate not a paper one lol!
terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Hmmmm I can not remember the last time!!
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM

never. not my style.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement