Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

10 Things You Can Clean in the Dishwasher #2

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

By Arricca SanSone

2. Shower Heads and Faucet Handles
If your shower head is spraying sporadically from clogged holes or your faucet handles aren’t as shiny as they used to be, place these on the top rack and run the pots and pans cycle. It’s fine to run cookware through at the same time, so you’re not wasting a wash for these few items.

How do you clean yours now?

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM
We have hard water so I use stuff for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:51 PM

ummm...that sounds like a lot of work to take it all off and dishwasher it.

heydooney
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I've seen the bag of vinegar tied around the showerhead thing, that seems easier to me.

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM
My shower head comes if really easy, but as for the handles I agree with you! I do not have all the time for that lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I have a cleaning spray I put in mine for that problem. No need to dishwasher it!
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM

what do you use?

Quoting terri76: I have a cleaning spray I put in mine for that problem. No need to dishwasher it!

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:09 AM
It is called CLR my mom found it for me. I have hard water where I live and it gets built up pretty quick. It is hard to find sometimes. So when I do find it I stock up. I spray it on and leave it for about ten minutes and rinse it off. Works like a charm! It also works for rust that some people get in the sides if their house!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

what do you use?

Quoting terri76: I have a cleaning spray I put in mine for that problem. No need to dishwasher it!

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Oh. I used to buy that from the dollar store. I try not to use chemical cleaners though because it irritates mine and Ds sinuses.

Quoting terri76: It is called CLR my mom found it for me. I have hard water where I live and it gets built up pretty quick. It is hard to find sometimes. So when I do find it I stock up. I spray it on and leave it for about ten minutes and rinse it off. Works like a charm! It also works for rust that some people get in the sides if their house!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

what do you use?

batjmom
by Sarah on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN