The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Valentine's Day is coming. Here's a healthy, cute snack for your kiddos

What a great healthy snack for Valentine's Day!  Use cookie cutters to cut melons.

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM

This would be perfect for a classroom treat!

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I like to do strawberries to but instead of jello I mix the diced excess strawberry (after they're cored) with some fat free cream cheese or pudding and pipe it into the centers of the strawberries. I'll have to try the jello. Sounds like something my kids would love!

Quoting MethuenMom:

Very cute!

I get gigantic strawberries and carefully hollow them out.  I fill them with jello and put them in an ice cube tray to set.

Also good for an adult party to make jello shots.

They look like little hearts.

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Awwww I love it!!! Tfs
terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I get organic strawberries a lot and I have seen quite a few gigantic ones!!!

Quoting EthansMomma2010: That is a really neat idea!!!! Tfs. I wonder if organic strawberries come in giant size?

Quoting MethuenMom:

Very cute!

I get gigantic strawberries and carefully hollow them out.  I fill them with jello and put them in an ice cube tray to set.

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM

sweet!!! my son is allergic to strawberries, but i have a theory that it's actually pesticides. I need to try my theory.

Quoting terri76: I get organic strawberries a lot and I have seen quite a few gigantic ones!!!

Quoting EthansMomma2010: That is a really neat idea!!!! Tfs. I wonder if organic strawberries come in giant size?

Quoting MethuenMom:

Very cute!

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I understand that. Just be careful, I thought the same exact thing with my son and raspberries but boy oh boy was I wrong. Trying my theory out cost us a scary hospital stay and now we both carry epi pens wherever we go!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

sweet!!! my son is allergic to strawberries, but i have a theory that it's actually pesticides. I need to try my theory.

Quoting terri76: I get organic strawberries a lot and I have seen quite a few gigantic ones!!!

Quoting MethuenMom:

Very cute!

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Oh my! That's scary. No my son just gets a rash. No breathing issues. He has been tested And shown no allergy to strawberries but I know for a fact they cause his rash so I have to assume its something in fresh strawberries like a pesticide

Quoting terri76: I understand that. Just be careful, I thought the same exact thing with my son and raspberries but boy oh boy was I wrong. Trying my theory out cost us a scary hospital stay and now we both carry epi pens wherever we go!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting MethuenMom:

Very cute!

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:58 PM
That is adorable!
sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM

very cute idea

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Great idea!  I may do that for my dd's birthday sleepover.  Her birthday is just after valentines day, so I always utilize the valentines market for her parties. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)