Group Home

Food quote 1/17

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Food Quote

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM

How do you make your fruit fast?

I prewash all grapes and berries in water with vinegar. takes all the dirt off, makes them fresh longer, and i can just grab and go. ;)

kaybear123
by Kayla on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

That's true

kaybear123
by Kayla on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Don't they taste like vinegar then?

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

I prewash all grapes and berries in water with vinegar. takes all the dirt off, makes them fresh longer, and i can just grab and go. ;)

CafeMom Tickers
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Nope. I did forget to say I rinse them just a bit. But no I was very surprised. And you will be shocked at bow much dirt is left behind after the vinegar soak. Its gross. Lol

Quoting kaybear123:

Don't they taste like vinegar then?

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Nice!

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I soak all of my fruit in water and rinse and have it ready to eat. Yummmm
Efebbo07
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I just learned the vinegar trick this summer! Keeps the fruit from molding as quick in the fridge.  Every time I bought strawberries they were getting moldy quick!!

Another trick I have is freezing the fruit.  I eat fruit a lot in oatmeal, quinoa, or smoothies.  So i take the fruit and cut it up and freeze it in storage bags in the freezer. Especially the bananas as they are starting to turn brown on the counter, that way I'm not wasting them.

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM

great tip! ii never thought about freezing bananas, only other fruit like berries.

Quoting Efebbo07:

I just learned the vinegar trick this summer! Keeps the fruit from molding as quick in the fridge.  Every time I bought strawberries they were getting moldy quick!!

Another trick I have is freezing the fruit.  I eat fruit a lot in oatmeal, quinoa, or smoothies.  So i take the fruit and cut it up and freeze it in storage bags in the freezer. Especially the bananas as they are starting to turn brown on the counter, that way I'm not wasting them.

Efebbo07
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM

When you thaw the bananas, they are a bit mushy!  I really only use frozen bananas in something where I'm going to mush them up anyways.  My kids saw some and tried eating them....complained that they were like soup! lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

great tip! ii never thought about freezing bananas, only other fruit like berries.

Quoting Efebbo07:

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:39 PM

what if i never thawed them? i make a lot of smoothies/shakes.

Quoting Efebbo07:

When you thaw the bananas, they are a bit mushy!  I really only use frozen bananas in something where I'm going to mush them up anyways.  My kids saw some and tried eating them....complained that they were like soup! lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting Efebbo07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)