Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Vitamin Water!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

This Vitamin water contains vitmains A,C, and K, Folate (which unlike folic acid, is actually what your body needs for healthy childbearing and brain function), Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium (a natural way to keep your plumbing moving), Phosphorus, and more!!

Here's what you need:

2 quarts filtered water

1/2 cucumber

4 mint leaves

1/2 lemon sliced (you can do more if you love lemon like me)

2" Ginger root (diced)

This water can help you feel refreshed and revived without any of the chemicals and sugars found in store bought vitamin waters. (those waters actually contian extremely harmful chemicals in many cases as well as insane amounts of sugar)

You need to filter is as you pour and I recomend making it the night before you want to start drinking it. I drink one glass per day. I personally don't like this first thing in the morning as its a bit strong.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Sounds pretty good. Might have to try this one!
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Great share, thanks! 

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:51 PM
It is. Its wonderful, but just a tad strong. You can actually use the same ingredients twice. Then dump everything and make new. :)

Quoting terri76: Sounds pretty good. Might have to try this one!
EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome

Quoting MamaMandee:

Great share, thanks! 

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Sounds good, thanks for the idea!

terri76
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Does adding the extra lemon cut down on how strong it is? I like lemon in my water so I will add it either way!

Quoting EthansMomma2010: It is. Its wonderful, but just a tad strong. You can actually use the same ingredients twice. Then dump everything and make new. :)

megandwade
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I've heard of this before but never tried it.

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:26 PM

try it!!!! it's pretty cheap to try. about the price of a 6 pack of vitmain water. :) If you hate it, oh well.

Quoting megandwade:

I've heard of this before but never tried it.

EthansMomma2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM

yes i think it helps. :) you can also do less ginger. i'm sure it messes witht he amounts of vitamins you get, but i figure some is better than none if you can't stomach the normal dose.

Quoting terri76: Does adding the extra lemon cut down on how strong it is? I like lemon in my water so I will add it either way!

Quoting EthansMomma2010: It is. Its wonderful, but just a tad strong. You can actually use the same ingredients twice. Then dump everything and make new. :)

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM

sounds good...lately I've been adding lemon, grapefruit or oranges to my water

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement