Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

The insanity begins.....

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM
  • 15 Replies

I'm having/hosting a huge party for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday.  I've got the decorations on hand, have many non-perishables, and today kicks off the start of insanity....finishing the rest.

Today I plan to start baking the stacked anniversary cake and up to 400 cupcakes (regular and mini, different flavors.)  I hope to finish the baking tomorrow, then frost/decorate on Friday.

Friday evening I'll pick up the perishable foods.

Saturday will be a day of picking up the corsage and boutonniere, decorating the large room at church where the party will be held, and finishing the food prep.

I better get moving!

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aandt1999
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Ummmm........I really hope you have someone pitching in.

kaybear123
by Kayla on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Goodluck!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Quoting aandt1999:

My DD and DIL said they'd help bake, but I'll probably be doing most of the decorating myself.  I'm pretty picky about the decorated cakes that leave my kitchen.

Food prep...I've tried to keep it simple, and two ladies have volunteered to make the Swedish meatballs and cut up the veggies for me.  DH's mother is making potato salad.  I'll cook the pasta for the pasta salad and have the veggies...throw it together the morning of the party.

I've asked a few older girls to help decorate, and to keep the bowls/platters filled on party day.

This isn't the first time I've done something like this.  I did my own wedding (cake and all), my 2nd oldest son's wedding (cake and all), and a couple of other golden anniversary parties.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Thanks!

Quoting kaybear123: Goodluck!

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Good luck!! Let us know how everything goes!
aandt1999
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My goodness, that's a lot of work still! I am stressed enough just having people over for dinner, lol. I hope it all goes smoothly. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting aandt1999:

My DD and DIL said they'd help bake, but I'll probably be doing most of the decorating myself.  I'm pretty picky about the decorated cakes that leave my kitchen.

Food prep...I've tried to keep it simple, and two ladies have volunteered to make the Swedish meatballs and cut up the veggies for me.  DH's mother is making potato salad.  I'll cook the pasta for the pasta salad and have the veggies...throw it together the morning of the party.

I've asked a few older girls to help decorate, and to keep the bowls/platters filled on party day.

This isn't the first time I've done something like this.  I did my own wedding (cake and all), my 2nd oldest son's wedding (cake and all), and a couple of other golden anniversary parties.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I sure will!

Quoting Peachy34500: Good luck!! Let us know how everything goes!

mommy2zbg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I hope you aren't doing everything by yourself and someone has offered to help you.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommy2zbg:

I hope you aren't doing everything by yourself and someone has offered to help you.

I have people that have offered to help prepare the food and decorate. I've organized it all myself and will do all of the baking myself.

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

bowing downYou are my hero!!   I hope you have some help and a really big freezer. This is going to be a really nice party for your parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement