Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stew meat question

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
My parents are coming over for dinner and I gaf all intentions of making baked Ziti .. well I forgot ricotta cheese and really don't feel like going back to the store.. so anyway I bought ground chuck cubes to make beef cubes and gravy tomorrow night .. can I just put them in the crockpot with the gravy? I don't want to over cook and make them hard
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
navyjen
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

When I cook stew meat for beef and noodles I let it cook int crock pot all day long.  Its amazingly tender when I get home.  I make mine with french onion soup, cream of celery and golden mushroom and its such an amazing gravy.     

kimber2465
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM

yes- do you have a box of onion soup mix, sour cream and small can of diced tomoatos, mushrooms- you could make stroganoff?

PrincessAsmommy
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Oh sure!  They do best in the crock pot with a sauce for all day on low and slow. I've used them for just an easy meat and potatoes meal or the typical stew. I like to cut the big chunks in half so they're more bite sized and cook uniformly but they stay so moist and tender when done this way!

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Quoting kimber2465:

yes- do you have a box of onion soup mix, sour cream and small can of diced tomoatos, mushrooms- you could make stroganoff?

I don't, I just have the cubes and I bought some gravy.. but I will definatly try that next time! Sounds good!

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Oh sure!  They do best in the crock pot with a sauce for all day on low and slow. I've used them for just an easy meat and potatoes meal or the typical stew. I like to cut the big chunks in half so they're more bite sized and cook uniformly but they stay so moist and tender when done this way!

Thanks! I  bought these already cut, so they should do good! I'm going to put them on now!

terri76
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I have always done it as well!! Always so tender when I get home!
kimber2465
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM

it is!!! the sour cream goes in last right just about it's done.  shakes the meat with flour, then throw everything in the crock pot. then serve over rice or noodles

Quoting Peachy34500:

Quoting kimber2465:

I don't, I just have the cubes and I bought some gravy.. but I will definatly try that next time! Sounds good!

liss05
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM

A nice beef bougnion would be perfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)