Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Vacuums - OT

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Our vacuum decided it doesn't want to work anymore, so I am researching for a new one.. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something thats good on carpets, we also have some hardwood and porcelin tile..  I'm also looking for something that makes it easier to vacuum the steps.. any help would be great!! Thanks!!!

I was looking at the Dyson's but they are soo expensive.. are they worth it? anything comparable?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I found my Dyson as a refurbished model on newegg.com....pd $359 for it and it's WELL worth it IMO.  however, it is not easy to use on stairs...I feel the hose for the tools is much too short and stiff.

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

We have a mini shop vac that I have been using for the stairs, so I could continue doing that, I just want to get a good vacuum for the rest of the house! Which model Dyson do you have?

Quoting michiganmom116:

I found my Dyson as a refurbished model on newegg.com....pd $359 for it and it's WELL worth it IMO.  however, it is not easy to use on stairs...I feel the hose for the tools is much too short and stiff.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

DC25

Quoting Peachy34500:

We have a mini shop vac that I have been using for the stairs, so I could continue doing that, I just want to get a good vacuum for the rest of the house! Which model Dyson do you have?

Quoting michiganmom116:

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a kenmore progressive, and I like it....it has a direct drive which means no belt to fool with...doesn't do well on stairs, I have the hose attachment for that which is a pain in the rear and back!

kaybear123
by Kayla on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I have some Dyson. It sucks though (no pun intended lol)
batjmom
by Sarah on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:49 AM
I have a bissell
My aunt has a Dyson and loves it
However when we got new carpet last year we were told not to use a Dyson because they were too tough on carpet ( we bought a pretty pricey carpet too so I was not expecting to hear that )
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I have an Oreck and love it. It's lightweight and ours came with a small model that works great on stairs and for other small areas.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM
It's super expensive but we swear by our Rainbow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I have 2 Rainbows!  I just hated having to set it all up before vacuuming, even for a quick job....and no one wanted to empty the bowl afterwards.

Quoting coolmommy2x: It's super expensive but we swear by our Rainbow.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Yeah, it's a pain but it's an awesome vacuum.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have 2 Rainbows!  I just hated having to set it all up before vacuuming, even for a quick job....and no one wanted to empty the bowl afterwards.

Quoting coolmommy2x: It's super expensive but we swear by our Rainbow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement