Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Hard Boiled Eggs ?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 34 Replies

I would love to keep hard boiled Eggs in the fridge.. for a Grab and Go breakfast or snack!

Apparently, I can not hard boil an Egg for the life of me! I always have a terrible time peeling the shell. I assumed I've been boiling them for too long so last night I made it a point to boil the eggs for as short of a time as possible. (and I could tell the yolks were just barely hard so it really must have been the minimum amount of time needed). Well, that resulted in the shell being even harder to remove than usual. My pickled eggs turned into a disaster!

What's the trick? Why can I not boil an Egg?

Also, How do you store you're Hard Boiled Eggs and how long do they usually stay fresh for?

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
northernmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM
I don't know how you boil your eggs but te best way for me has been to put the raw eggs in a pot, fill with water to 1 inch above the eggs and turn on the heat, boil 1 minute then turn off the heat cover, and let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water until the eggs are cool. I don't usually keep my hard boiled eggs long maybe a day or so and I just put them in the fridge
Beyonce1
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 4:57 PM
What a minute. People don know how to boil eggs????? Really???
katieGrace
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Boil them in salt water and then let them soak in super cold water
The_Doodle
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I bring water to a boil, then add eggs and boil for 10 minutes, then empty hot water from pot and fill with cold...then keep refilling pot with cold water as water warms until eggs are cool enough to handle. I have no idea if that is the 'correct' way to do it but it's how my mom taught me.

Succubus1987
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I was like you until I found this lol.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/m/recipes/how_to_make_perfect_hard_boiled_eggs/

Sorry it's not clicky, I'm mobile.
MonarchMom22
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I concur with the boil and rest method.  Put the eggs into a pan with plenty of room around them, single layer.  Cover with cold water so they are submerged.  

Bring to a full rolling boil.  Turn off the heat and cover the pan.  Let stand 12 mintues for soft-boiled and 15 mintues for hard-boiled.

Immeadiately put them into a bowl of water and ice to cool them.  That shrinks the egg inside the shell and stops the cooking.  They will be perfect - easy to peel, no green ring inside and no strong smell.  I've kept them for a week in the fridge after boiling.

Mazie0723
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Pre heat oven to 320° put eggs in a cupcake/muffin pan and bake for 30 mins. Perfect every time.
megandwade
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Quoting Beyonce1: What a minute. People don know how to boil eggs????? Really???

I'm just wondering why my boiled eggs are never easy to peel.
megandwade
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Quoting northernmommy: I don't know how you boil your eggs but te best way for me has been to put the raw eggs in a pot, fill with water to 1 inch above the eggs and turn on the heat, boil 1 minute then turn off the heat cover, and let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water until the eggs are cool. I don't usually keep my hard boiled eggs long maybe a day or so and I just put them in the fridge

This is what I always do but still have a hard time removing the shells..
megandwade
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quoting Succubus1987: I was like you until I found this lol.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/m/recipes/how_to_make_perfect_hard_boiled_eggs/

Sorry it's not clicky, I'm mobile.

Ah, thank you. I believe this would be my issue as I'm using super fresh eggs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN