Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Do you have a second refrigerator or freezer?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:39 AM
  • 35 Replies

If so, how do you find it most useful? What do you store in it?

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I have two extras.  I buy beef in bulk and raise 100 chickens in the summer for meat.  I also store garden produce in them.

batjmom
by Sarah on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Yes we have a second one 

We have extra almond milk , protien shakes, juice , produce and wine. 

I would like a wine refrigerator 

we also have a mini refrigerator with water bottles and gaterade and simple go-gerts for the kids from Costco 

cherlygirlie
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I have 3 fridge/freezer combos and 1 large freezer. We store game meat in the big freezer and I use the extra refrigerators for drinks and party supplies. We have a family of 8 and I don't like to shop, so I stock up what I can so my weekly trips are all about produce, which goes into the kitchen fridge

starlight1968
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:31 AM

we used to have an extra fridge but can't now (no space) but lordy how I miss that thing...

dockyswifey
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Not yet but we will be getting an extra freezer soon
bmw29
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:33 AM
We have a chest style freezer. I vacuum pack a lot so it comes in handy.
polkaspots
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM
We used to have an extra fridge that we kept in the bedroom for produce, water, and dh's coke and Gatorade. But it broke.
We do have a deep freezer we use for long term storage which I consider anything that won't be used within the next week or so after shopping. We also put big things in it, like when I freeze my muffins and waffles, and cakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM
We have an upright freexer. It stays stock and allows me to buy only meats on sale because I can buy multiples.
balagan_imma
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I have an extra fridge and a freezer. The fridge usually has a vat of cold brew coffee, extra milk and stuff that I just don't have room for in the upstairs fridge. DH will keep beer in there too. The freezer has meat that we get from our friend's ranch, frozen produce from the garden, and anything that I buy in bulk that needs to be frozen.

MommyLehr
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM
We have an extra freezer. We use it mostly for meat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN